West Coast opps from Bud – POCs in Listings
Posted by Steve Fisher on July 31, 2020
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
Order Processing Associate
Job ID: 2020-38552
Responsible for receiving and processing incoming work orders, maintaining records and compiling reports. Gather and translate all necessary customer and internal data to develop accurate and detailed orders that support successful installation. Work in conjunction with branches, customers, and other internal teams to ensure orders are completed in a timely manner.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
• Performs accurate and timely entry of customer selection into order processing system. Calculates and enters initial pricing at the time of order creation.
• Monitors and tracks customer orders to meet material lead times and ensure on-time delivery.
• Matches customer selection and customer purchase order to associated bid/pricing sheets to ensure accurate billing.
• Maintains customer rituals regarding selection, billing back-up and order acknowledgments.
• Monitors orders using system reports and communicates progress to leadership. Proactively communicates to resolve discrepancies in up-front data preventing accurate or timely order entry.
• Reviews job cost data to ensure accurate recognition of revenue. Enters job cost coding to reflect margin status. Investigates and resolves job cost margin discrepancies.
• Identifies and escalates gaps in company and customer ordering information with appropriate level of urgency. Researches shortages and provides accurate details of all shortage issues.
• Interacts with internal and external customers daily through clear and concise written and oral communication. Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope:
• Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
• Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
• Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
• Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
• No travel required.
Education and Experience:
• HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
• 4-6 years order entry and customer service experience preferred.
• Job cost experience.
• SAP and ERP experience preferred.
• Flooring or construction industry experience preferred.
• Microsoft Office experience preferred.
HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( WWW.HDSUPPLY.COM ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company’s approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers’ success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion – all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Sr. Corporate Recruiter
Allied Universal Opportunities in San Diego CA
A. Assistant Account Manager
Job ID: 2020-431430
Allied Universal is looking to hire an Assistant Account Manager. This position is responsible for assisting the Account Manager with all supervisory, training and operations functions at the assigned post in accordance with post orders and client instructions, and following all internal procedures. Under the direction of the Account Manager, this position assists with the coordination of all aspects (technical and managerial) of executing the security contract at the assigned location.
Assigns work tasks to Security Professionals and directs their work throughout the day. This position is the first direct supervisory contact for shift supervisors (if applicable to site) or for Security Professionals, regarding performance, operations, and department needs.
• Responsible for supervising, motivating, coaching and training Also responsible for evaluating the work performance of Security Professionals and making recommendations regarding assignments
• Responsible for making sure that Post Order manual and all other post and training information is being properly maintained and updated, and that the Post is being properly maintained, cleaned and organized;
• Assists the Account Manager in conducting interviews and evaluating new employees.
• Responsible for conducting on-the-job training, in coordination with Shift Supervisors, of new employees assigned to post, or when changes to post orders are made.
• This may include orientation to the post, review of post orders, routine responsibilities, and how to respond to emergency situations or specific client needs
• Oversees all reports, logs and pass downs generated by and for the Security Department. Distributes communications and other information to Security Professionals at post as directed
• Manages and supervises all sub-units within the Security Department, such as fire control room, command center, and loading docks as applicable to job site. May generate work orders and attached paperwork for extra security coverage requests
• Responds to minor incidents (internal to Security Professionals and/or external to client location) that occur, ensuring appropriate action is taken, all reports are properly completed, and appropriate parties are notified in a timely manner
• Identifies any personnel problems occurring at posts, such as payroll issues, employee relations complaints or other concerns, and forward any such issues to Account Manager or Field Supervisor as appropriate.
• May be responsible for writing a report of the situation or assisting with an investigation, as directed by Account Manager, Branch Manager or Corporate HR Director
• Responsible for making recommendations for counseling and/or disciplinary action, including termination. May be responsible for administering counseling or disciplinary actions (may not make or initiate such decisions on his/her own, but may execute such actions at the specific direction of Account Manager with prior approval from Branch/Corporate HR management)
• Responds to client or site emergencies as they arise, including ensuring appropriate communication to Account Manager, Field Supervisor, Branch and/or Regional Manager. Responsible for maintaining positive client/security relationships through frequent tenant/client contact and support
• May occasionally perform Security Professional type job duties on an as-needed basis by standing post, but under no circumstances to exceed more than 50% of time in any given workweek.
• To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required. Some college education or business classes desirable
• Minimum 3 – 5 years of professional-level experience required. Prior experience in the security industry, law enforcement and/or military required.
• Experience in scheduling, operations or other functions of security industry a plus
• Must possess a valid state Guard License, or have applied and subsequently be issued such a license prior to employment. As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test. Additionally, as a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of Guard License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty
• Current state driver’s license, clean driving record (no points in prior 3 years), and ability to safely operate a Company vehicle required
• Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
• Demonstration of strong customer service orientation required, with ability to effectively resolve client issues in a professional and service-focused manner and to de-escalate situations before they become hostile or unpleasant required
• Ability to write effective and concise reports in neat, legible handwriting is required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and email a considerable plus
• Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion
• Ability to train and coach others, and to effectively enforce post orders, security standards and company policies equitably and consistently
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required
• Incumbent must be available to work outside normal shift schedule on an as-needed basis, and must be accessible by phone or pager 24/7 for emergency response.
B. Warehouse Specialist
El Cajon, CA
Job ID: 2020-435544
The Warehouse Specialist is responsible for a wide variety of activities including shipping and receiving material, maintaining inventory and associated records as it pertains to ongoing and future projects. Warehouse Specialist will work in accordance with the organization’s office policies and procedures, keeping in mind the overall core values of Allied Universal Technology Services.
Show integrity and accountability of all inventory in the warehouse.
+ Ensure that good housekeeping practices are followed at all times
+ Examine contents and compares with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy and condition of incoming and outgoing shipments
+ Check incoming shipments for damage and match up packing slips to purchase orders
+ Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in the proper staging warehouse area while maintain efficient utilization of storage space
+ Pull and stage project materials as requested by Project Manager Conduct monthly cycle counts and annual inventory of warehouse stock and update electronic records in ERP system.
+ Responsible for all material movement in ERP system
+ Ensure that inventory transactions are accurately logged and all discrepancies and damages are investigated and reported
+ Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects and reporting any damage to supervisor
+ Perform light maintenance/facilities duties and perform other tasks as assigned by General Manager
Education & Experience:
+ High school diploma or equivalent is required + 6 months to 2 years performing similar warehouse duties is required
+ Ability to multi task and handle constantly changing work assignments with critical deadlines
+ Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors and employees
+ Possess strong attention to detail, must be quick learner
+ Must have good written and verbal communication skills
+ Basic computer skills are required, SAP experience is preferred
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com at http://www.aus.com/ .
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.
BAE Systems Opportunities in San Diego CA
A. Sheet Metal Craft Leadperson
San Diego, CA
Deal with employee relations, motivation, recognition and discipline. Assume Foreman responsibilities in his or her absence if necessary. Comply with BAE affirmative Action Policy. Ensure all work areas are maintained and are clean and safe. Ensure safety policies and work practices are followed. Ensure that appropriate safety equipment is in place and is utilized. Conduct safety meeting and attend all required meetings. Accomplish written and physical turnovers. Ensure time sheets are accurate and completed in a timely manner. Ensure personel have the proper company equipment and personal tools to perform their jobs. Leadmen will also be responsible for direct on-site supervision of crew members and provide on the job training for all personnel. Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills And Education:
Must have at least 5 years of trade experience and exhibited leadership experience. Must be a min of Journeyman Level II. Must meet safety and attendance policy requirements for promotions. Must know how to read blue prints, generate IDR’s and submit pre-fabrication request. Must have excellent organizational skills and great communications skills.
B. Sheet Metal Mechanic (Fitter)
San Diego, CA
Job Description BAE Systems is seeking a journey person sheet metal Mechanics/Fitters to plan, layout, fabricate, assemble, install and repair sheet metal parts for the repair and modernization of US Navy vessels.
Within This Role You Will:
• Utilize equipment including hand tools, power tools, machines and equipment.
• Sets up and operates fabricating machines, such as shears, brakes, presses, forming rolls and routers to cut, bend, lock and form, or straighten materials.
• Trims, files, grinds, deburrs, buffs and smooths surfaces using hand tools and portable power tools.
• Welds, solders, bolts, rivets, screws, clips, caulks, or bonds component parts to assemble products, using hand tools, power tools and equipment. Inspects assemblies and installation for conformance to specification.
• May install furniture such as air-conditioning and heating, ventilation ducting, cabinets, shelves and other equipment on board ships.
• Performs related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.Required Skills and Education • Must understand the layout of the ship and compartment identification
• Basic reading, writing and math skills required
• Capable of using hand and power tools safely and efficiently
• Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and military specifications
• Must be able to pass a written Sheet metal Exam.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Rapid Gate pass.
• Candidates may be required to travel to different BAE sites or Naval Bases
• Must be able to use hand tools and power tools safely and efficiently
• Must be flexible to working all shifts
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services:
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Frontier Technology Inc. Opportunities in San Diego CA
A. Senior Systems Administrator
San Diego, CA
Frontier Technology, Inc (FTI) is looking for a mid-level Network Lab Sysadmin to join our team of qualified, talented and diverse individuals. Our culture revolves around the 4C’s: Core Values, Commitment, Compassion, and Charity. It is very important to us to show our Passions for our Employees and Customers, while showing Love to our Neighbors in the Community. Primary work location is San Diego, CA in support of NAVWAR PMA-268 UCA (Unmanned Carrier Aviation). This position requires a DoD Secret clearance.
FTI candidate will maintain lab management network infrastructure, baselines, and documentation. Duties include management of virtual machine infrastructure, Active Directory server, sharedrive repositories, equipment/software inventory, connections to external labs, maintenance of IA posture, support implementation of IA mitigations, and management network documentation. Must have experience with Linux systems administration and Cisco network equipment. This tasking will comprise of:
• Create and maintain syslog server for lab equipment
• Create and maintain backups of lab share drive
• Baseline management network virtual machines (VMs)
• Baseline management network laptops
• Manage virtual machine (VM) infrastructure (STIGS, create new VMs, delete old VMs)
• Manage Active Directory server for management network (create/suspend users, manage permissions)
• Administrate lab networks (Backup all management network devices, replace equipment as necessary, label cables and update as necessary)
• Conduct inventory of Out of Band (OOB) equipment and update as necessary
• Create/update current OOB documentation (processes, training, diagrams)
• Design and implement new connections (interconnections between labs, design optimizations)
• Assured Compliance Assessment System (ACAS) scans and mitigation with IA support
• Minimum of 7 years of prior related experience
• Security+ Certification required
• CCNA Certification required
• Experience with Linux Systems Administration and Cisco Network Equipment
• Technical Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• VMWare Certification a plus
• Linux Certification a plus
• Windows Sysadmin Certification a plus
B. Intermediate Information Technology Specialist (General)
Frontier Technology Inc
San Diego, CA
Overview Job Duties:
The IT support specialist will provide Navy Marine Corps Internet (NMCI) transition services, coordinate problem resolution elevated beyond the Help Desk, represent the command in contract discussions regarding Service Level Agreement (SLA) clarification and support the Duty Customer Technical Representative. The IT support specialist will also review/validate SLA reports for work completion and quality of service and provide input in support of Incentive/Credit Process, coordinate command specific IT requirements with the DCTR and/or vendor, and review proposed plans/IMS for consistency with operational requirements.
• Perform duties across multiple areas of information technology, such as computer hardware, server software, networking, telecommunications, computer support, database analysis, data security, and other areas of the overall IT platform/infrastructure. Responsible for the stability, integrity, and operation of all systems by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network software, hardware, and operating systems. Report system downtime and performance issues. Conduct analysis, including planning, designing, and evaluating a variety of information technology tools.
• Respond to user requests for system needs and upgrades.
• Manage security solutions, including firewalls, antivirus, and intrusion protection systems.
• Perform scheduled network tasks, update antivirus definition files, monitor network servers, and provide internet and intranet user support.
• Participate in IT projects to drive technological efficiencies.
• Career-development professional within field.
• Requires moderate skill set and proficiency in discipline.
• Conducts work assignments of increasing complexity, under moderate supervision with some latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent) and 4+ years of relevant experience
Frontier Technology Inc. (FTI) provides competitive-edge engineering, IT services, and software products to meet the challenges of its Department of Defense and commercial customers.
FTI is an employee-owned business with headquarters in Dayton, Ohio (Beavercreek). FTI excels at integrating system engineering and operations research methodologies with Information Technology solutions for a diverse customer base.
FTI develops and supports customized software and provides studies and analysis of high technology operational and advanced systems for the Department of Defense and the aerospace industry.
Tremayne R. Williams
HR Recruiter & Military Transition Consultant
Real Estate Agent
San Diego, CA
Redfin is redefining real estate in the consumer’s favor. As a full-service brokerage, we combine our own technology and real estate agents to make buying or selling a home faster, easier, and more efficient. At Redfin, you’ll have team support from start to finish for every deal, plus powerful tools that streamline your workflow and give you a competitive edge. If your passion is serving customers in a collaborative, tech-savvy environment, join us.
As a Redfin Real Estate Agent, you’ll be out in the field, working within a territory as a full-time employee with benefits and a career path. We’ll be there every step of the way, providing a steady income and reimbursement for major expenses so you can start earning money from day one.
• Meet all your clients through Redfin or by referral—no prospecting required
• Build relationships with buyers while sharing your expertise to help them navigate their home purchase
• Receive hands-on training and mentoring in programs designed to support your success
• Benefit from a full team of support staff responsible for scheduling, coordination, and the closing process
• Use our custom-built online and mobile tools to access the latest market data and manage your transactions, client information, and more
• Promote into a senior agent role based on performance
Skills & Experience:
• Real estate license (required)
• Customer-advocate mindset and a commitment to delivering the best client experience possible
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Knowledge of your local community
• Enthusiasm for learning new tech tools
What We Offer:
• Compensation Package: Base salary, transaction bonuses, activity pay, and 401(k)
• Rewards for Top Performers: Increased bonuses, stock, and an annual international prize trip for top-producing agents
• Zero Agent Fees: We cover MLS dues, association fees, marketing, mileage, mobile phone, computer, and other costs that can total more than $28K per year
• Health Insurance: Choose from various full-family medical, dental, and vision plans with low out-of-pocket expenses
• Paid Time Off: Three weeks of paid vacation, paid maternity/paternity leave, sick leave, and flex days
• Career Advancement: Paid training and continuing education, as well as opportunities to move into other roles at Redfin
Redfin is revolutionizing the $75 billion real estate industry. We use data, beautiful software, and innovative design to put customers first at every step in the home-buying and selling process. Get ready to dive headfirst into our award-winning website and mobile apps, solving complex business problems in a highly visible, customer-centric way. If you value doing great work in a collaborative environment, join our team!
This is how real estate would be if it were designed just for consumers, because, well, it was.
Serco Opportunities in San Diego CA
A. Engineering Technician III
San Diego, CA
Performs assignments that are not completely standardized or prescribed. Selects or adapts standard procedures or equipment, using fully applicable precedents. Receives initial instructions, equipment requirements, and advice from supervisor or engineer as needed; performs recurring work independently; work is reviewed for technical adequacy or conformity with instructions. Performs at this level one or a combination of such typical duties as: Constructs components, subunits, or simple models or adapts standard equipment. May troubleshoot and correct malfunctions. Follows specific layout and scientific diagrams to construct and package simple devices and subunits of equipment. Conducts various tests or experiments which may require minor modifications in test setups or procedures as well as subjective judgments in measurement; selects, sets up, and operates standard test equipment and records test data. Extracts and compiles a variety of engineering data from field notes, manuals, lab reports, etc.; processes data, identifying errors or inconsistencies; selects methods of data presentation. Assists in design modification by compiling data related to design, specifications, and materials which are pertinent to specific items of equipment or component parts. Develops information concerning previous operational failures and modifications. Uses judgment and initiative to recognize inconsistencies or gaps in data and seek sources to clarify information.
• Requires a High School diploma or equivalent and 5-7 years of Shipboard installation experience
• Must be able to work in high heat spaces, climb shipyard dry dock stairs/ladders, work in kneeling position for layout of cable runs under false decking, lift up to 50 pounds with 80% of work requiring carrying, pushing, and/or pulling up to 40 pounds for majority of shift while being in a standing, crouching, or walking position. Attention to safety is critical.
• Applicant must be familiar with NAVSEA, standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of electrical repair, fabrication, and installation.
• Must have the ability to obtain access to shipyard and NAVSTA & DBIDS.
• Applicants also must be willing to work more than 40 hour work weeks. Applicant must be willing to work second shift as needed.
• Applicants must successfully undergo a background investigation.
• Possible travel will up to 25%.
• Certified in “Multi-pin” Connectors IAW MIL-STD-20035A (SA)
• Ability to obtain a Security Clearance
B. Military Analyst III
San Diego, CA
An Active Secret Security clearance is Required to Apply for this position.
Directly reports to SEA 21 Ship Program Manager (SPM) (PMS407) and the homeport Senior Program Manager Representative (PMR) on the status of pre-planning, production, financial, testing and completion of modernization work accomplished by Master Ship Repair (MSR) Shipyards and Alteration Installation Teams (AIT’s). Requires interface with the responsible Naval Supervising Activity (NSA) for all MSR production and various Naval Commands and Type Commanders for AIT work. Position requires close coordination with NAVSEA Program Manager Representatives (PMRs).
Provide Advance-Planning support for all surface ship modernization alterations. Pre-planning efforts include performing shipchecks, evaluating past installation Lessons Learned on other surface ships, developing alteration work specifications and supporting advanced planning document preparation. Other planning efforts include Manpower and Availability Analysis and RFP Contract development with responsible NSA.
• As part of advanced planning, represent SEA 21 at Advance Planning meetings (IPTDs,WPICs, WPERs, etc) and Program Review meetings at the worksite and other locations.
During execution, this position is responsible for the Modernization work package adherence to milestones. Manages and reports all production progress and impacts to established milestones.
Reviews and approves NAVSEA related Condition Found Reports (CFR) for cost, production and testing schedule impacts. Requires constant interface with Planning Yard On-Site Representatives to review/approve design changes or growth work. Negotiates costs with responsible NSA and assigned MSR. Identifies changes, tracks and reports all growth and new work sequences to SEA 21 and responsible NSA.
Review and coordinate all systems / equipment testing is properly scheduled by responsible NSA, MSRs, In-Service Engineering commands sponsoring AITs, TYCOMs and Ships Force.
Participate in Lessons Learned conferences and other post-Availability meetings, including the review of red-lined drawings and the capture of any design changes made via the LAR/RLAR process. Information is shared for future Mod and FMP avails.
Duties And Responsibilities:
• Coordinate and implement all technical efforts to support the pre-planning and execution of NAVSEA modernization. Includes identification of alteration work packages, repair work, work specifications, design requirements, alteration material requirements and identification of all required ILS. Individual will coordinate all work efforts with Regional Maintenance Centers, government AIT sponsors, Ships Force, ISEA tech codes, shipyard contractors and Planning Yard On-Site reps to ensure technical accuracy of all SHIPALT data.
• Monitor and report (a) MSR and AIT adherence to production and test milestone schedules, (b) financial monitoring and reporting of CNO avail, (c) deconflict MSR and/or AIT issues with responsible NSA and sponsoring government agency and, (d) overall condition of ship during the avail.
• Collects, develops and analyzes complex specialized information on modernization production. Serves as a technical advisor to coordinate (via conferences, meetings, correspondence, etc.), the work of a number of organizations engaged in various equipment-related functions such as supply support, maintenance and repair. Provides technical data necessary to establish deadlines and phase programs in and out, and to resolve wide-ranging sensitive or potentially difficult issues.
• Assist in the coordination of visits to ships and Navy organizations, contractor plants, etc., to evaluate NAVSEA or TYCOM SHIPALTs, Program or Fleet SCDs, and equipment-level alteration installations. Ship visits provide a better understanding of upgrade operations and requirements and help solve broad operation, maintenance and repair problems affecting complete equipment systems to support various In-Service Engineers technical responsibility.
• Responsible for execution of the Modernization work package and adherence to the Entitled Process production milestones. Works with responsible NSA to understand and identify all work that has been accomplished and planned production dates for completion. Manages and reports to SEA 21 the status of work and financial expenditures.
• Reviews and approves NAVSEA related Condition Found Reports for cost, production and testing schedule impacts. Interface with Planning Yard On-Site Representatives to review/approve design changes or growth work. Negotiates costs with responsible NSA and assigned MSR. Identifies changes, tracks and reports all growth and new work sequences to SEA 21 and responsible NSA.
• Coordinates all testing efforts with responsible NSA and applicable Navy sponsoring Commands. Schedule is determined by the Entitled Process Milestones and milestone dates set forth by the NSA and ship. Requires delays or testing milestone changes are quickly and effectively communicated to ALCON.
• Participate in Lessons Learned conference and other post-installation meetings; i.e. SEA 21 Hot Washes and Modernization Execution Reviews. Post–install meetings include reviewing red-lined design drawings and capturing any design changes made via the LAR/RLAR process during installations. Information is shared for all future Cruiser and Destroyer Mod avails
• Demonstrates superior writing and presentation skills to develop briefings, documents, papers, conceptual, and analytical reports for clients.
• Maintains and complies with security procedures in the performance of duties.
• May provide direction, training, and assistance to other Program Manger Representative support, as an expert in a particular field of endeavor.
• Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related scientific discipline plus 5-7 years directly relevant work experience.
• In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 10 years applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology or labor market shortages as reflected by market survey data.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Strong analytical skills, including process mapping, risk analysis and quality tools.
• Computer literate and proficiency in Microsoft applications.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
C. Scheduling Analyst II
San Diego, CA
Assists with and provides input to the design, development and maintenance of detailed schedules for implementation, developmental and operational systems. Provides advanced analytical support to operational team. May serve as a technical/scientific resource on project, updating project management models and forecasts, and developing detailed schedules using MS Project. Assists in keeping schedule current using automated tools and weekly on-site US Navy ship visits. Modifies schedule as appropriate and maintains status on linkages and dependencies with related projects. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
• Bachelor’s degree and 2 – 4 years of Scheduling experience
• 2 years of MS Project experience is a must
• Ability to ship check and work onboard navy vessels as required.
• Must be able to gain security access to various naval stations
• 10% travel between the office and onsite at the naval base
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has approximately 8,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset – we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist
Patient Service Representative
San Diego/Rancho Bernardo, CA
Hours: Per Diem Day shift: 8:00am-5:00pm, no weekends
The Patient Service Representative represents Sharp Rees-Stealy by providing patients with appointments, information and other operational support services for assigned department. Provides a high level of customer service in a manner consistent with our Mission and Goals. Responsible for patient registration, demographic and insurance updates. Confirms insurance eligibility and obtains authorizations for service. Works with patients to resolve billing and insurance related issues.
The Sharp Rees-Stealy Department of Internal Medicine consists of 53 providers on our staff to help meet the needs of our patients and is located at 11 of our Sharp Rees-Stealy medical clinics in San Diego (Carmel Valley/Del Mar, Chula Vista, Downtown-San Diego, El Cajon, Genesee, La Mesa, Sorrento Mesa, Otay Ranch, Point Loma, Rancho Bernardo and Scripps Ranch).
Sharp Rees-Stealy’s mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego’s first multispecialty medical group practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 22 locations (and still growing) and over 500 primary care doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
Required Skills And Qualifications:
• Medical office experience required with a strong emphasis in customer service, computer skills, and phones or completion of a medical receptionist or equivalent training program.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Medical Terminology required.
Preferred Skills And Qualifications:
• Completion of a medical receptionist or equivalent training program preferred.
Clinical Nurse – RN, Emergency Department, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
Chula Vista, CA
• Applicant may be eligible for Relocation Reimbursement up to $2500
• Sharp employees are eligible for a $1000 employee referral bonus
Hours: 12-hour, Variable shift; every other weekend
This is full-time position, (.9): 72 hours/per pay period
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of holistic patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center Emergency Department sees over 70,000 patients every year. Currently, we run 4 private care rooms and 48 patient beds 24 hours a day. The ED at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center, which underwent a massive expansion and redesign that finished in 2012, is one of the most efficient, modern and advanced emergency care centers in all of San Diego County. In addition, the project included an expedited emergency care for minor injuries and illnesses using Rapid Medical Evaluation (RME), an express triage system.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343-bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego’s South Bay. A Designated Planetree Person-Centered Care Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista is home to the region’s most comprehensive heart program and as well as offering exceptional services for orthopedic care and women and infants. The Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center offers patients the most advanced treatment technology, a unique healing environment, and an extraordinary level of care.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center has been providing health care to San Diego’s South Bay community for more than 70 years. Now we are on a journey to go beyond, building a next-generation hospital in our binational region. The new hospital tower at Sharp Chula Vista combines clinical excellence with thoughtful consideration to provide the best level of care to the community we’re privileged to serve. The new hospital tower is the first new Sharp hospital in San Diego’s South Bay in more than 40 years. The tower includes seven stories, a 197,000-square-foot hospital.
As Part Of Planetree Designation, The New Hospital Includes
• All-private patient rooms designed with safety and privacy as priorities, including 10 intensive-care suites
• 6 operating rooms (including 1 hybrid Operating Room)
• Redesigned main entrance and lobby
• Rooftop café with indoor/outdoor dining with panoramic ocean views
• Additional space for support services including a pharmacy and kitchen
On the main floors, patients receive quality care in large, private rooms; a new-intensive care unit features high-tech suites for lifesaving care. In our spacious, new operating rooms, surgeons perform cutting-edge procedures for cardiology, radiology, and more. A versatile hybrid operating room can shift quickly from a catheterization procedure to surgery. Located at the top of the hospital is an indoor/outdoor café featuring panoramic views, from the ocean to the mountains.
Required Skills And Qualifications:
• Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
• Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
• Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
• Current ACLS certification for Healthcare Providers
• Current PALS certification for Healthcare Providers
• One year current adult ED Clinical RN experience in an Acute Care Setting
Preferred Skills And Qualifications:
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Keywords: Clinical Nurse-RN, Registered Nurse, Emergency Department, ED
Coder III – OBGYN – Remote
UC San Diego Health
San Diego, California
Under general supervision, performs in depth complex daily coding of inpatient, outpatient and global package delivery services received from physicians via Epic Charge Review and Epic Surgical Case Tool related to OB, GYN and GYN Surgical Oncology services. Accurately abstract CPT, HCPCS, ICD9, ICD10, and Modifiers as appropriate per clinical documentation. Queries and provides feedback to providers and other clinical department personnel. Performs other related functions as required.
• Graduation from High School or a General Education Diploma; or equivalent experience.
• Certified Professional Coder (CPC), CCS, RHIT or RHIA .
• Three (3) years of comparable coding experience in OB, GYN and GYN Surgical Oncology services.
• Strong skills in CPT, ICD-9/ICD-10, & HCPC coding applications.
• Epic experience.
• 3M experience.
• Specialty certification in Obstetrics Gynecology – COBGC.
• Experience coding/billing Medi-Cal .
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Booz Allen Hamilton Opportunities in San Diego CA
A. Acquisition/Contracts Specialist
Booz Allen Hamilton
San Diego, CA
Job Number: R0078260
Provide critical support by leveraging available resources to independently review, draft, and revise contracting and acquisition documentation as well as provide analytical support in researching federal, DoD, and Navy pre-award and post-award contracting procedures and policies. Use excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to make sound business judgments to handle multiple activities with a short turn-around time in a dynamic environment. Assist a government client with all aspects of the federal government contracting life cycle, including pre-award acquisition planning, source selection support, and post-award contract administration for complex naval and DoD software and hardware intensive systems. Provide advice and guidance on all matters of federal, DoD, and Navy pre- and post-award contracting procedures and policies. Leverage expertise in the development of procurement request (PR) packages, including Acquisition Plans (APs), Acquisition Strategies (AS), Statements of Work (SOWs), Performance Work Statements (PWSs), Source Selection Plans (SSPs), Justification and Approvals (J&As), Determination and Finding (D&F), and the Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL), ensuring adequacy, consistency, and compliance with administrative, regulatory, and procedural requirements. This position is located in San Diego, CA.
• 7+ years of experience with cradle to grave contract management, including procurement planning, pre-award, price and cost analyses, and post-award and closeout in a government or government support role
• Experience with providing expert contractual advice to a government client, including researching, analyzing, and interpreting complex acquisition rules and regulations and providing actionable recommendation to government clients, such as senior government executives
• Experience with the complete the Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
• Knowledge of FAR, DFARS, and DoD 5000 series regulations and laws, executive orders, statutes, policies, principles of acquisition planning, and other requirements necessary to accomplish assigned duties
• TS/SCI clearance
• BA or BS degree
• Experience with the Navy and DoD preferred
• Experience with Navy contracting procedures and regulations preferred
• Experience with preparing briefings and reports appropriate for senior government executives preferred
• Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills, including using computers proficiently to communicate complex procurement regulations, processes, and procedures effectively
• MA or MS degree, MBA degree, JD or degree preferred
• TS/SCI clearance
• Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) up to Level III in Contracts or Program Management, Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM), or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
B. Amphibious Ship Operations Specialist
Booz Allen Hamilton
San Diego, CA
Job Number: R0087922
Provide operational- and tactical-level inputs regarding employment of US Navy Amphibious Ships, including Landing Platform Dock (LPD), Landing Helicopter Dock (LHD), and Landing Ship Dock (LSD) to recover astronauts and the other test vehicle crew as directed at nominal end-of-mission. Develop processes to ensure Communications, Tactical Memos, After Action Reports, Lessons Learned, and other documents to aid the team with their mission planning. Ensure that the ship facilities can accommodate movement and medical and science requirements. Coordinate logistics trains for the loading and unloading of ships, including port-cranes, Sea Lift, and private and military surface and Construction Battalion support. This position requires travelling with occasional underway at-sea time.
• 10+ years of experience with working on an Amphibious Ship
• Experience as a Qualified US Navy Amphibious Ship or Officer of the Deck
• Knowledge of US Navy organization, regulations, procedures, and responsibilities pertaining to Amphibious Ship, re-supply at sea, and Small Boat operations
• Ability to prepare and present briefings, papers, and presentations to senior leaders in the military and interagency organizations
• Ability to work within a time and fiscally constrained mission environment
• Ability to work occasional 24/7 shift work, including weekends and holidays
• Ability to travel with occasional underway at-sea time
• Secret clearance
• BA or BS degree
• 3+ years of experience as an Amphibious Ship First Lieutenant or Office of the Deck Underway
• Experience as a qualified LPD First Lieutenant
• Ability to interact with military, engineers’, contractors, and interagency personnel to build teams and maintain excellent working relationships
• Ability to work independently to plan and complete assignments on time that are thorough, logical, meet objectives, and are grammatically correct
• Ability to analyze complex problems and develop and articulate recommended plans and objectives that lead to a resolution in existing policy or instruction guidance
• Ability to conceptualize, develop, and present mission-specific training or orientation courses for military personnel
• Ability to produce high quality products and provide high quality recommendations that are consistent with a fiscally constrained mission environment
• Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
• MA or MS degree
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
C. Systems Administrator, Mid
Booz Allen Hamilton
San Diego, CA
Job Number: R0088010
Your combination of people skills and technical expertise makes you the team hero, solving one problem after another. What if you could use those skills to improve the technology supporting the Navy? We’re looking for a Systems Administrator with a solid background of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and later, including user management, file services, Active Directory, Print Services, Group Policy, and other Microsoft services, such as Microsoft Exchange and the Office Suite to help us support DoD network services.
As a Systems Administrator on our project, you’ll install, troubleshoot, and perform administration of Cisco-based networks with architecture components, including Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN) and IP schema management, EtherChannel, multiple routing protocols, and access control lists (ACLs). You’ll help customers overcome tough challenges through monitoring and performance management. Your technical expertise will be vital as you identify problem areas and opportunities for improvement in a mission-critical network. Your experience and communication skills will come in handy as you turn metrics into information and communicate their meaning. This is an opportunity to gain experience in programmatic and systems engineering support for preparing network change implementation plans that provide integrated solutions, including course of actions, milestones, timelines, and critical paths. We focus on growing as a team, so we’ll share techniques, work through challenges, and develop new methodologies together. Join our team and solve daily challenges as we improve DoD networks.
• 3+ years of experience with configuring and administering Windows Server and client environments
• Experience with Windows Server 2008 or higher
• Experience with installing, administering, troubleshooting, and configuring Domain Name System, Active Directory, network infrastructure, and advanced network services
• Experience with Windows 7 or higher, including installing and configuring disk partitioning, file access, security, and printers
• Active Secret clearance
• HS diploma or GED
• CompTIA Security+ Certification
Nice If You Have:
• Experience with analyzing and implementing network configuration management plans and documenting network or system topologies
• Experience with configuring and troubleshooting network service support for DoD networks and C4I systems or related commercial systems
• Experience with installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and managing Cisco device operation and network security
• Ability to ensure IA compliance in a computer system or network, including WAN routing protocols and tables, Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), System Log (Syslog) and NetFlow, Cisco device configurations, iOS images and licenses, ACLs, and port security
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
D. Systems Administrator (9)
Booz Allen Hamilton
San Diego, CA:
Job Number: R0087698/Job Number: R0087693/Job Number: R0087681/Job Number: R0087896/Job Number: R0087826/Job Number: R0087827/Job Number: R0087828/Job Number: R0087883/Job Number: R0087824
Newport Beach, CA:
Job Number: R0087828
Your combination of people skills and technical expertise makes you the team hero, solving one problem after another. What if you could use those skills to improve the technology supporting the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (VA)? We’re looking for a systems administrator who specializes in maintaining system efficiency to help us troubleshoot, resolve, and maintain a large enterprise system.
As a systems administrator on our project, you’ll conduct routine system administration tasks and log data in system admin logs. You’ll learn how to help customers overcome tough challenges through monitoring and performance management. You’ll analyze problem areas and opportunities for improvement in a mission critical network. You’ll be able to combine your technical experience with communication skills as you turn metrics into information and communicate their meaning. This is an opportunity to gain experience in maintaining and troubleshooting a wide variety of systems and networks, including high volume and high availability systems. We focus on growing as a team, so we’ll share techniques, work through challenges, and develop new methodologies together. Join our team and solve daily challenges as we improve healthcare for millions of customers. This position is located onsite at Veterans’ Administration Medical Centers with daytime hours and potential for weekend hours.
• Experience with conducting routine system administration tasks and logging data in system admin logs
• Experience with maintaining and troubleshooting a wide variety of systems and networks, including high volume or high availability systems
• Knowledge of debugging protocols and processes
• Ability to troubleshoot problems and issues identified by customers and implement corrective actions
• Ability to obtain a security clearance
• HS diploma or GED and 8+ years of experience with systems administration or BS degree in CS, EE, or Engineering Technology
Nice If You Have:
• Experience with the ServiceNow ticketing system a plus
• Experience with the VA
• Public Trust clearance
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You’ll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Engineering & Science University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
Military Recruiting Lead
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No