Wargame Center Technology Support Specialist (Tampa, Florida/ TS/SCI) – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on April 7, 2021
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
Vice President of Operations
Quiet Professionals LLC
Job Title: Wargame Center Technology Support Specialist/ Active AdvantEdge SME/ Active Catalogue Technical Support
Location: Tampa, FL
Security Clearance: TS/SCI
POC: Contact email@example.com if interested
Quiet Professionals, LLC (www.QuietProfessionalsLLC.com) is seeking an IT Specialist to work in Tampa, FL. The contractor will assist the Wargame Center with the VPW software for events. The contractor shall apply expertise in the VPW Active AdvantEdge software. The contractor shall apply expertise in imagery and data ingestion and software operation and manipulation. The contractor shall provide, as required, increased levels of support to respond to high-priority, unpredicted, and/or time-sensitive Wargame Center requirements such as event setup and execution; and USSOCOM Commander, and Chief of Staff level taskings. The Senior Technology Support Specialist shall have a demonstrated expert knowledge of the Active AdvantEDGE software. This knowledge will facilitate the ability to rapidly assimilate user feedback and visualization requirements into proposed event strategies presented to the WGC Director for final approval. The knowledge shall also include the ability to rapidly manipulate and insert software features to support wargame events without calling back to other technical experts.
The contractor shall be experienced, trained and fully qualified to complete the following actions:
- Develop all wargame events required to be visualized in Active AdvantEdge software
- Ingest imagery data from NGA, LIDAR, Digital Elevation Models, Google Earth, satellite imagery and
other imagery sources provided by the Government
- Ensure imagery data is optimized for viewing on the 20’x32’ 3D display space
- Ensure imagery data is geo-rectified in the 3D display space
- Ingest Palantir, Serengeti and other intelligence data and ensure data is optimized for viewing on the
20’x32’ 3D display space as well as geo-rectified in the 3D display space
- Manipulate and automatically populate data in the VPW software from multiple sources and programs
to include, at a minimum: Microsoft office products, Windows based programs, Java applications, web
based programs, and Google Earth. Ensure all data is geo-rectified in the display space.
- Place and reposition icons on the display
- Create user-defined symbology and edit as required
- Record and playback icons, annotations, and free form drawings in the software
- Assist and support off-site or remote users with VPW software and their ability to collaborate with
Wargame Theater led events
- Provide and assist J6 and SITEC team members with authentication and network protocol information
required to successfully collaborate on the VPW software with both internal and external organizations
- Execute priority actions based on continuous feedback from the operators and risk-reduction
approaches if technology insertion is required to meet mission shortfalls or optimize VPW software
- Assist SITEC team members with hardware reconfiguration, installation, and expanded requirements
in and out of 501A Room 110 as required by Wargame center personnel. Personnel must be able to lift
up to 50lbs to meet this requirement.
- Clearly articulate and provide instruction to planners on required data formats to be ingested and
manipulated in the VPW software
- The contractor shall provide Technical Support specialists who will coordinate with other Wargame
Center and Special Operations Forces Information Technology Enterprise Contract (SITEC) team
- The contractor shall support and advise Government representatives as required in order to
meet established event performance criteria.
- Daily, ensure effective and timely coordination with other technical and support members that are both
within, and external to the Wargame Center. Collaborate with other functional and technical staff to
develop Wargame events in the Active Advantage software.
- Provide decision support activities to leverage in-depth software knowledge to assist Wargame Center
personnel in exercising discretion and prudent business judgment in structuring tailored, responsive,
and innovative VPW events to best meet USSOCOM-approved user needs.
- Provide technology insertion in the VPW software in order to best meet USSOCOM user needs
- Actively engage in, and host as requested, Government meetings such as Wargame event planning
reviews, report observations pertaining to overall status and develop risk mitigation strategies and
recommended solutions as required.
- The contractor shall respond to increased software requirements by leveraging its engineering
staff and coordinating effectively with Original Equipment Manufacturers and support activities.
- The contractor shall provide IT Specialist/ Active AdvantEdge SME/ Active Catalogue Technical Support
- The contractor shall interact with customers both in USSOCOM HQ and outside agencies in dealing with
VPW software. The contractor will provide increased levels of support for USSOCOM Commander, and
Chief of Staff level tasking to provide requested information, whether preparing briefings, VPW software
scenarios or vignettes, or other media for Wargame Center personnel to support events; respond to
questions on event planning and execution; and respond to other requests for information.
- The contractor shall complete this support within the assigned time frame to meet the technical and quality
requirements assigned by the requester.
Hours of Work: Normal core hours are 0700-1600, however, work to be performed may have to be
accomplished during non-traditional hours 1700-0700 for event preparation. Contractor may be required
to perform VPW maintenance during non-traditional hours (1700-0700) and potentially on weekends in
order not to impede scheduled events that occur during 0700-1700 hours Monday through Friday.
- Active DoD TS/SCI security clearance
- Associate’s Degree in related computer science field required
- 10+ years of experience in system engineering/ IT support
- Experience with installation/maintenance of LINUX-based software, creating automated scripts and software, exceptional networking skills, experience working with application and file servers, desktops, networks, databases, information security systems and storage, familiarity with multiple operating systems, scripting and programming, familiar with virtualization and cloud computing
- Experience configuring and managing physical and virtual servers, as well as the software that runs on the servers and the hardware that supports them
- Experience with installing and troubleshooting IT resources, establishing and managing user accounts, upgrading and patching software, and performing backup and recovery tasks
- Must be able to work in a stressful, high OPTEMO and fast-moving environment
- Required to have at least one or more certifications; Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), CompTIA Server+, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Verified experience with a range of operating systems and programs; Microsoft, Unix, Linux, Oracle
- Familiar with debugging, computer coding, programming, monitor existing systems to ensure structural integrity, oversee the development and installation of new hardware and software, install and configure operating systems and other software and routinely test installed software for glitch detection and other issues, write custom scripts to reduce the need for human intervention
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of the Active AdvantEDGE software
- ITTL V4 Foundations Certified
- A+ certified
- Security+ certified
- Experience in MCP, XP, MS Office, Adobe, Nero, Microsoft products and support
POC: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!
Quiet Professionals, LLC, (QP) is an independently owned and operated CVE-Certified Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) with headquarters located in Tampa, Florida. Our goal is to provide innovative and sustainable solutions that improve operational effectiveness of our clients and partners. We have extensive knowledge and experience in a variety of areas involving Military Support, Intelligence, Information Technology and Security Operations. QP is committed to providing high quality services appropriate to the level of experience and expertise required in analyzing, planning, advising and conducting operations on a global scale.
Quiet Professionals, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our team of Quiet Professionals are highly driven, innovative and results oriented. We empower our teams’ creativity, knowledge and expertise to support client needs by providing a diverse, inclusive and supportive workplace. We understand that diversity fuels innovation and powers our success.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No