Vet recruitment – engineer position needs – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on July 24, 2021
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
We have a number of positions open for the job description attached. We also need principle technical engineers for satellite and telecommunication systems integrations. Although, I don’t have a job description for the latter.
If your contact has any immediate referrals or people interested, you can have them forward me their resumes. Right now, I’m working on a careers page but it isn’t live yet.
Also, I’d like to get my HR group in touch with someone at Marine Exec. Asso. to help highlight the benefits of being involved with the organization. Who would be the best contact?
Thank you again!
VP, Sales & Marketing
Expedition Communications - Communicate with the World!
+1 (619) 846-2310 (direct)
JOB TITLE: Field Service Technician CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Exempt REPORTS TO: Director of Field ServicesLOCATION:
Expedition Communications is an award-winning Veteran-Owned company and a global integrator of Satellite and VSAT Network Systems. Expedition Communications was founded with the vision of providing reliable, affordable satellite-based telecommunications systems and support services to military, government, non-profit organizations, and large telecom customers around the world.
At Expedition Communications, our strength is the efficiency with which we deliver leading-edge products and support services to those we serve. We are proud to set the standard for success in our industry. To help us continue our growth, we are looking for a qualified Field Service Technicians to join our Field Operations team and assist with technical issues associated with networking products and services. Your role will involve working independently, without physical assistance, in commercial retail spaces installing wireless access points, routers, switches and other hardware. The Field Technician needs to be able to climb ladders to replace ceiling mounted WIFI access points and may be required to repair/replace CAT6 terminations on existing cabling and/or install extended demark cabling from telco wallboard to network rack. Some locations may require the installation of new WIFI access points with new CAT6 Cabling between the Switch and Access point. Technician should have a basic understanding of LAN/WAN network topology and have some experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, and tracing networks. Technicians should also understand Cellular/WIFI systems to perform signal measurements and speed tests within the environment.
The Field Technician will also be part of a dispatch team that is on call to diagnose, troubleshoot and occasionally deploy VSAT/Satellite Broadband Internet communication systems. The Field Technician may be dispatched to sites and be required to access commercial rooftops to work on antennas. Familiarity with replacing electronic components (i.e. LNB’s, BUC’s, Feedhorns, Reflectors, IFL coaxial cable and satellite modems is a plus. Experience with antenna signal acquisition and peaking a plus. Experience terminating Coaxial cables is a plus. Technician needs to be able to lift to 50 lbs. and be willing to occasionally work in adverse weather conditions.
- Coordinate with dispatch team and store managers during normal business hours (end of day) to arrange access for overnight network migration.
- Locate existing network infrastructure and inventory equipment to be replaced.
- Call into bridge to ensure network outage is approved before initiating migration.
- Replace router, switches, and access points at location.
- Call into bridge to perform post migration tests and upload results to portal.
- Box old equipment for shipment.
- Clean work areas to ensure retail establishments are ready for start of business.
- Complete all required paperwork and photo documentation accurately, legibly and obtain proper approvals from job site location management for completion signoff.
- Communicate job progress to Expedition Communications Project Managers and Coordinators and Engineering teams.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree in Electronic/Engineering/Telecom or data networks, or equivalent certifications preferred. Valid OSHA certification preferred.
- Good communication skills are required (written and verbal).
- 2+ years of experience in the networking or telecommunications field.
- Familiarity with network topology logical diagrams.
- Familiarity with WAN circuit identification and devices.
- 2+ years of experience working with hand tools and ladders.
- Familiarity with VSAT/Satellite Broadband systems including troubleshooting and deployment a
- Knowledge and proficient with EIA/TIA cable and conduit installation standards.
- Experience with Dispatch/Service Management software a plus.
- Background verification and random drug screening are required for hire and continued employment.
- Must be able to pass background investigations to obtain TWIC, CBIDS or JPAS identification cards.
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S. and a valid US Driver’s license with clean MVR for previous 5 years.
- Regular domestic and international travel requires ability to obtain a passport.
- Position requires the physical ability to lift up to 75lbs, climb structures as required on land and
offshore, installing communication and antenna systems
COMPANY CONFORMANCE STATEMENT
In performance of their respective responsibilities, all employees of Expedition Communications are expected to:
- Complete quality work within deadlines.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Communicate and coordinate work efforts with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Attend work regularly based on the assigned schedule.
Travel is expected for this position (up to 50%).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Expedition Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Employee signature below indicates the employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions, and duties of the position.
EMPLOYEE: __________________________________________ DATE: ______________________ (PRINT AND SIGN)
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No