Test Engineer 001-002 – (SCE ENGR 002-003 FTE) — TS/SCI (Herndon, VA) – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on September 14, 2020
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
Test Engineer 001-002 – (SCE ENGR 002-003 FTE)
POST DATE: 02-September-2020
LOCATION: United States-VA-Herdon
REQUISITION NUMBER: SCE Engr 001 – 002
OPPORTUNITY DESCRIPTION: Test Engineer
JOB DESCRIPTION: We need Junior and Senior level Test Engineers who can help us set up and maintain an automated test process to support “CI/CD” (Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment, or Continuous Delivery)
Working in a software engineering and design capacity to join a 30-40 persons project team, assisting with the design, development, and maintenance of complex, multi-tiered data centers. The primary activity of the team is the development of custom application software, and the completed systems include COTS hardware and software, commercial database systems and computer network infrastructure.
This individual will participate in all phases of the systems engineering and computer system development life cycle, including concept of operations development, requirements development and analysis, software and hardware system design, algorithm design, risk management, integration, test and documentation.
· Meeting with the product design team to determine product testing parameters
· Writing test plans and creating test cases for the product
· Establish a framework for necessary contributions from various departments and facilitate their collaboration
· Document and monitor testing outcomes and establish steps to remedy problems
· Analyze current technologies used within the company and develop steps and processes to improve testing procedures
· Detailed understanding of how to properly document test cases and create effective and focused testing plans
· Assist other department engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team
· Work closely with departments within the company to ensure hardware is available for projects and working properly
· Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including time and scope involved
· Define clear goals for all aspects of a product test and develop steps for their proper execution
· Perform other duties as assigned
· General familiarity with Linux/Unix and working knowledge of Windows based systems
· Fluent in the use of Microsoft (MS) Office Tools and able to independently produce PowerPoint briefings, MS Project schedules, MS Word documents, and generate and manipulate Excel spreadsheets
· Familiarity with Agile software development is a plus
· Professional work experience in analyzing and testing computer hardware and software
· Extensive knowledge of engineering and testing procedures
· Good problem-solving skills
· Ability to project manage
· Ability to troubleshoot and think out of the box
· High-level technical writing skills
· Project development and leadership skills are essential in planning and overseeing project tests
· Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
· Advanced understanding Experience with software engineering, customer experience and design architecture
· Ability to work with various departments to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan
· Experience using automation to test code and the ability to teach this process to others
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field is preferred
· Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
· Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
· Advanced knowledge of testing methodologies and when certain strategies are recommended
· Extensive knowledge and experience working with various operating systems and backend programming
· Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
· Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
· Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
· Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
· Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
· Quality Control Analysis — Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
· Troubleshooting — Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
· Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
· Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
· Inductive Reasoning — The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).See more occupations related to this ability.
· Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
· Information Ordering — The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
POST DATE/TIME: 2-September-2020
PRIMARY DUTY LOCATION: United States-VA-Herndon
CLEARANCE LEVEL: TS/SCI
SHIFT: First DEPARTMENT: Engineering REPORTS TO: FLSA STATUS:
NEAREST MAJOR MARKET: Washington, DC/ San Jose, CA
SPENCER COLE, LLC OVERVIEW: Spencer Cole, LLC specializes in providing unique Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Combat Systems, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C5ISR), Cyber security and IT, Product Lifecycle Development, Program Management, as well as Training products and services solutions to complex problems within the Oil & Gas, Construction, Manufacturing, Health, and IT industries.
The company is headquartered in Fort Worth, TX. For more information, visit www.spencercole.com.
Spencer Cole, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
KEY WORDS: Industry: Information Technology; Sector: Government, Defense, Military; Role:, Test Automation, Computer Science, Applications, Database; KSAs Data Analytics, Software Development, Software Engineering, Hardware, Scripting or Continuous Integration:; Special: Secret Clearance; Department: Engineering, Science, Mathematics, and Technology.
Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No