Team Leader – AM & E – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on September 14, 2021
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
Are you interested in making a move to a fast-paced work environment with a growing company making a global impact every day? Vysnova Partners, Inc. (Vysnova) is a program management firm that delivers professional and technical services worldwide to governmental and commercial clients. Vysnova staff manages programs and projects primarily within the Public Health, Government Acquisition and Training sectors. We work throughout in the U.S. and overseas including; Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East chiefly for governmental clients, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Department of Defense (DOD), the General Services Administration (GSA), and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
Currently, Vysnova is seeking a highly qualified and motivated Team Leader for potential full-time work upon award supporting the Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA).
The overall objective of this contract is to provide the DoD with strategic evaluation services to conduct a strategic evaluation of Coordinating with Allies and Partners to Provide Security Cooperation in Oceania in support of the AM&E program for SC.
The Team Leader will have sub-regional expertise in Oceania and will oversee the design, quality control, and execution of all strategic evaluation activities and deliverables. These responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Direct the evaluation team to develop and execute a rigorous research methodology in a way that is responsive to client feedback and will achieve the evaluation purpose and answer the strategic evaluations questions while meeting all PWS requirements and other USG technical quality and performance standards, DoD evaluation policies and guidance outlined in DoDI 5132.14 and the OUSD(P) SC AM&E Standards and Guidelines, and international research and evaluation best practices including the AEA Guiding Principles for Evaluators;
· Oversee the development and execution of a creative, sound, and rigorous methodology as documented in the final inception report as approved by the client including qualitative and quantitative sampling and data analysis procedures;
· Oversee the development of work plan and planning and execution of all evaluation activities as documented in the final work plan approved by the client, and inform the client of requested adjustments for evaluation deliverables and provide justifications and alternative management strategies in a timely fashion in coordination with the Task Order Manager;
· Lead and direct the planning and execution of all data collection activities including comprehensive desk research, identifying key stakeholders and scheduling interviews following DoD communication protocols, drafting and testing data collection instruments to ensure they are appropriately tailored for different evaluation participants, and conducting remote and in-country field work;
· Develop and deliver high quality presentations of evaluation results to a wide range of stakeholders, including high level forums;
· As the primary author of all evaluation deliverables, lead the drafting, quality control, editing, and revising of the QCP, Work Plan, Strategic Evaluation Design Matrix, Inception Report, presentations and briefings, and draft and final evaluation reports to meet PWS requirements and responsive to client comments and requests for clarification; and
· Collaborate with the Task Order Manager to ensure appropriate logistical support for evaluation activities, provide inputs for monthly status reports, and regularly meet with and brief the client.
The Team Leader will have the following qualifications, experience, and expertise:
- Master’s degree in evaluation and research methods, public policy, security studies, economics, political science, or a related field;
- Minimum 15 years of experience in roles of increasing responsibility in Assessment, Monitoring, and Evaluation (AM&E) and policy research, with 10 years’ experience in managing and leading complex evaluations of international donor funded projects;
- A positive track record of successfully leading and completing high quality evaluations for USG agencies;
- 5 years’ experience in managing research or evaluation projects;
- Successful track record as a primary author of evaluations, policy research published by respected think tanks, and/or other article in peer reviewed journals in topics related to evaluative studies of international programs, security cooperation, Asia-Pacific affairs, Oceania security issues, and/or other regional or security policy related issues;
- Superior quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis skills;
- Superior writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Active Secret Security Clearance; and
- In depth knowledge of the American Evaluation Association (AEA) Guiding Principles for Evaluators.
- PhD in evaluation and research methods, public policy, political science, or a related field; and
- Experience researching DoD security cooperation efforts or conducting evaluations of DoD security cooperation efforts.
- Knowledge of the Asia-Pacific regional security context and security cooperation related activities of the USG and its allies and partners in Oceania or in the Asia Pacific region more generally;
- Be familiar with theater and/or country clearance requirements and should be able to interface directly with Geographic Combatant Commands (GCCs) and/or Embassy staff as required
Apply using the link below:
Colleen W. Cauley, SHRM-CP (she/her/hers) | Talent Acquisition Manager
Phone: (301) 830-8885 ext 115 | Fax: (301) 830-8887
Vysnova Partners, Inc. | www.vysnova.com
8400 Corporate Drive, Suite 130 Landover, MD 20785
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No