Systems Administrator (SR)
Posted by Ken Stroud on June 18, 2021
To apply to this job, click here.
Professional Solutions Delivered, LLC (ProSoDel) is a total solutions provider for government and commercial customers in the areas of Program Management, Logistics and Information Technology Support Services. We are currently seeking a Systems Administrator (SR) to join our team of professionals in support of the USMC.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- The candidate shall provide systems administration support for a virtualized lab environment that supports the Software Reporting mission.
- The candidate shall provide systems administration support plans for high-impact activities such as operating system migrations and upgrades, support environment maintenance and other activities that may impact the team operations.
- The candidate shall manage accounts, network rights, and access to systems within the lab environment in a Microsoft Active Directory domain and VMware virtual environment.
- The candidate shall manage system resources including performance, capacity, and availability of assets within the lab environment. This includes maintaining system configurations.
- The candidate shall install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems such as Microsoft Windows Server and Red Hat Linux. Additionally, the candidate shall develop solutions to complex operating systems problems.
- The candidate shall manage the installation and integration of systems fixes, updates, and enhancements. The candidate shall also plan and coordinate the installation, configuration and implementation of software upgrades.
- The candidate shall ensure cybersecurity policies, principles, and practices are an integral element of the SRT operating environment. This is specifically referring to the Defense Information Systems Agency Security Technical Implementation Guidelines. The candidate may also be required to support Risk Mitigation Framework (RMF) Certification and Accreditation (C&A) requirements for employing new software discovery capabilities on a Government server.
- The candidate shall provide expert advice to the Government regarding disaster recovery, capacity planning, and operating systems security. The candidate shall maintain a current knowledge of relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- The candidate shall also support technology market research and advise the Government on costs, risks, and interoperability capabilities of potential software, database, and hardware solutions.
- The candidate shall ensure SOPs are maintained to document a repeatable process while supporting policy development and professional reports.
- The candidate shall provide quality control reviews for standardized report formats before providing end products to the Government. Developing and implementing local procedures and guidelines for system administration in the form of SOPs documentation.
- The Candidate shall support the discovery and collection of enterprise asset data used to support the development of data normalization processes, software reporting, and SOPs.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Professional Associations)
- 3+ years’ experience in “Relevant Technical Field”, to include: Systems administration.
- Ability to communicate effectively with project leaders and senior management regarding key milestones, success criteria and risks.
- Process oriented with vast analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to professionally interact with clients at all levels.
- BS degree from an accredited institution or 8 years of relevant technical experience
- CompTIA Security+ CE
Security Clearance Requirement
- Able to pass Federal National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI)
- Location: MCBQ, Quantico, Virginia ,
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: Yes