Systems Administrator (#1303295)
Posted by Paige McAlister on January 14, 2020
To apply to this job, click here.
PeopleTec is currently seeking a Systems Administrator to support our Charleston, South Carolina location.
PeopleTec, Inc is currently seeking a Systems Administrator to support our Joint Base Charleston, SC location. In this position, you will be supporting the warfighter by leveraging your computer and network skills for the operations and sustainment of a complex, virtualized, and integrated C4I weapons system in a lab environment. You will have the opportunity to diversify your problem solving skills and system administration experience with other computer and communications technology disciplines that transport radio, data links, and other tools that operators rely upon to execute their critical airspace control mission.
- Experience with System Administration and DevOps Support
- Experience building Windows/Linux/Unix systems (RedHat Linux installation, configuration, and administration)
- Experience with system provisioning tools including scripting for automation, configuration control or provisioning
- Experience with information assurance hardening and compliance, i.e. STIG & DSS compliance, documentation, etc. Understanding of directory structures
- Experience with virtualization Ability to troubleshoot operating system and network issues
- Basic understanding of network administration
- Experience installing software, and communications and IT hardware, cabling, etc.
- Experience building and maintaining storage systems
- Ability to work in an environment with evolving requirements
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- CompTIA Security+, or sufficient certifications for IAT or IAM Level II+ as required by DoD 8570.1 M
- Travel: 10%
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- An active DoD Secret clearance is required to perform this work. Candidates are required to have an active Secret clearance upon hire, and the ability to maintain this level of clearance during their employment.
High School diploma or GED is required. Formal electronics training from: Technical School, or Class A or B military school in electronics or communications, or four (4) year electronics apprentice program is also required. Formal electronics training includes: Installation Tasks, Soldering, Cable Dressing, Cable Tray, Conduit, and Making/Repairing Connectors. 4+ years of practical experience, to include: electronics repair, maintenance and checkout is required. 1 year of practical experience in electronics installation is required.
- Battlespace Command and Control Center (BC3) FoS experience
- CompTIA Linux+ or Server+
- VCP Data Center Virtualization
- VCP Network Virtualization
- MCSA Windows 10
- MCSA Windows Server 2016
PeopleTec, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following email address, HR@peopletec.com and/or phone number (256.319.3800) to contact us about your interest in employment with PeopleTec, Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. PeopleTec, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
- Location: Charleston, SC, USA 29401, Charleston, SC 29401,
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No