Special Activities SME (Camp Lejeune, NC) (TS/SCI req’d) – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on June 9, 2021
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
Special Activities SME
The Special Activities SME for Vector Solutions is responsible for Special Activities (SA) training support for the Marine Forces Special Operations Command (MARSOC) Marine Raider Regiment’s (MRR) Training and Education Group (RRTEG). This position will require technical experience in SA Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTP). As part of its leadership responsibilities, the MRR provides regimental and subordinate unit level pre-deployment training (PTP) in individual and collective tasks for Special Operations Officers (SOO), Critical Skills Operators (CSO) and Special Operations Capability Specialists (SOCS). This training is conducted across all three Marine Raider Battalions (MRB) at the Marine Special Operations Company (MSOC) level for assigned core tasks, supporting tasks, and advanced skills.
The SA SMEs shall reside within the RRTEG and must have a clear understanding of the MRB organization, structure, and mission to perform training, coordination, and implementation of all functions across all aspects of each training event, and all other duties, responsibilities, and actions necessary to support Special Activities training across the MRR.
NOTE: This opportunity is contingent upon contract award.
• Coordinate with the respective MRB S-3X Operations Center key personnel (Operations Officer, Operations Chief, and Training Officer) on SA related issues and for daily guidance.
• Interface with RRTEG Staff and units.
• Participate in required meetings.
• Advise, assist, and coordinate SA script writing.
• Enforce doctrine, unit SOPs IAW attainable/relevant standards based on the conditions set.
• Be adequately prepared for all training event(s) including being on time and with appropriate equipment.
• Coordinate with RRTEG personnel to capture input for and the preparation of After-Action Reports (AAR), evaluations or other required documents as requested by the RRTEG.
• Ensure compliance with all safety guidelines. • Maintain accountability of assigned equipment, training aids and training preparations
• Former Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO) or Warrant Officer
• Must have 6 years of SOF experience to include award and retention of SOF Military Occupational Specialty Qualification (MOS Q)
• Graduate of both Advance Special Operations Techniques Course (ASOTC) and Managers Course
• Minimum of 2 SOF combat deployments of which 1 employing ASOT TTPs
Possess TOP SECRET/SCI clearance on day one.
• 3 Years operational experience serving in positions of responsibility in Special Activities (SA) i.e., S3X, MLE, OCE, etc.
• Thorough understanding of Advanced Special Operations Techniques (ASOT), Technical Surveillance Operations (TSO), Site Sensitive Exploitation (SSE), and Personnel Recovery (PR)
• Shall be required to travel up to 50% in the performance of assigned duties in support of SAT/CCE.
• Current driver’s license
• Familiarity with the exercise life cycle, exercise design, and exercise control
• Exercise scenario scripting, POL development, and MSEL and storyline event development experience
• SAT, CCE and/or RAVEN development and/or control experience
Job Location & Schedule:
• Camp Lejeune, North Carolina • Full-Time (1880 hours)
• Normal duty hours are 0730-1600, Monday – Friday, which includes a 30-minute lunch break. Non-duty time is 1600-0730 weekdays, weekends, and Federal holidays.
• Travel required, up to 50%
Contingent Upon Contract Award
• Interviews are in progress, with start dates contingent upon contract award and contract start date. (Contract start date estimated: September 2021)
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No