Software Developer 005 – (SCE ENGR 010) – TS/SCI (Chantilly, VA) – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on September 14, 2020
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
Software Developer 005 – (SCE ENGR 010)
POST DATE: 02-September-2020
LOCATION: United States-VA-Chantilly
REQUISITION NUMBER: SCE ENGR 010
OPPORTUNITY DESCRIPTION: Software Developer
JOB DESCRIPTION: Java or Web Application/Software Developer with experience designing, developing, testing, deploying, and maintaining Java or Web applications, and familiarization/experience with continuous integration and automated testing.
• Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
• Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
• Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
• Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
• Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
• Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
• Supervise the work of programmers, technologists and technicians and other engineering and scientific personnel.
• Determine system performance standards.
• Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
• Consult with customers about software system design and maintenance.
• Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan computer specifications and layouts, and peripheral equipment modifications.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Familiarity with Agile software development is a plus
• Java proficient
• Knowledge of object-oriented analysis and design methods
• Must be able to integrate software components into a fully functional software system
• Must be able to write unit test procedures and document test results to ensure software system requirements are met
• Must have experience developing and maintaining documentation of architecture designs, requirements, algorithms and user interfaces for software systems.
• Experience with Linux or any Unix-based operating system
• Knowledge and experience with J2EE-based architectures and restful web services
• Experience with relational database systems, SQL and relational table design
• Experience with NoSQL databases
• Experience in developing web-applications and components utilizing Angular framework
• Experience with the Eclipse IDE
• Experience with Git or Subversion configuration management systems
• Experience with Atlassian development tools.
• Preferred but not required: Spring Framework, MongoDB, Oracle DB, Apache Tomcat, Jenkins, Git, Atlassian tools.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor’s and 2 or more years’ experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
• Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
• Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
• Programming — Writing computer programs for various purposes.
• Systems Analysis — Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
• Systems Evaluation — Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
• Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Operations Analysis — Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
• Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
• Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
• Learning Strategies — Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
• Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
• Technology Design — Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
• Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
• Inductive Reasoning — The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seem• Information Ordering — The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
POST DATE/TIME: 2-September-2020
PRIMARY DUTY LOCATION: United States-VA-Chantilly
CLEARANCE LEVEL: TS/SCI
SPENCER COLE LLC OVERVIEW: Spencer Cole, LLC specializes in providing unique Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Combat Systems, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C5ISR), Cyber security and IT, Product Lifecycle Development, Program Management, as well as Training products and services solutions to complex problems within the Oil & Gas, Construction, Manufacturing, Health, and IT industries.
The company is headquartered in Fort Worth, TX. For more information, visit www.spencercole.com.
Spencer Cole, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
KEY WORDS: Industry: Information Technology; Sector: Government, Defense, Military; Role: Software Developer, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applications, Database; KSAs: Programming, Test, Integration, Technology, Design, Development, Administrative, Technical Writing, Database Management; Special: Secret Clearance; Department: Engineering, Science, Mathematics, and Technology
Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No