Software Developer 001-004 – (SCE ENGR 006-009) – TS/SCI (Herndon, VA) – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on September 14, 2020
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
Software Developer 001-004 – (SCE ENGR 006-009)
POST DATE: 02-September-2020
LOCATION: United States-VA-Herndon
REQUISITION NUMBER: SCE ENGR 006-009
OPPORTUNITY DESCRIPTION: Software Developer (Junior and Senior Level)
JOB DESCRIPTION: As a member of a 20-30-person project team, this individual will be assisting with the development and maintenance of complex, multi-tiered application software systems. The developer will design, implement, test, and document new features and improvements for web applications and distributed computing solutions. The developer works under general supervision to complete assigned software development tasks. The developer will also participate in team activities, including stand-ups, code reviews, design sessions, and demos. In addition, they will automate testing and deployment of new features and products.
· Develops and maintains Java for new cloud initiatives
· Develops and maintains Java and integrates software components into a fully functional software system.
· Develops design documentation prior to coding, and user training documentation for delivery with the finished product
· Develops and executes unit and integrated test procedures
· Adheres to team development standards for software processes, tools and metrics
· Participates in multiple application development specialties, including graphical user interface development, mathematical and logical algorithm development, and database structure design
· Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware, or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance
· Develop or direct software system testing or validation procedures
· Direct software programming and development of documentation
· Consult with clients or other departments on project status, proposals, or technical issues, such as software system design or maintenance
· Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system
· Performs other duties as required
· Java proficient
· Knowledge of object-oriented analysis and design methods
· Must be able to integrate software components into a fully functional software system
· Must be able to write unit test procedures and document test results to ensure software system requirements are met
· Must have experience developing and maintaining documentation of architecture designs, requirements, algorithms and user interfaces for software systems
· Experience with Linux or any Unix-based operating system
· Knowledge and experience with J2EE-based architectures and restful web services
· Experience with relational database systems, SQL and relational table design
· Experience with NoSQL databases
· Experience in developing web-applications and components utilizing Angular framework
· Experience with the Eclipse IDE
· Experience with Git or Subversion configuration management systems
· Experience with Atlassian development tools.
· Current polygraph
**This position requires an active (or active within the last 24 months) Top Secret/SCI clearance with an SSBI within the last five (5) years. Position may require the employee sit for a CI polygraph with a favorable result. Position is contingent on clearance verification and customer concurrence.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor’s and 2 or more years’ experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
· Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
· Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
· Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
· Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
· Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
· Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
· Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
· Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
· Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
· Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
· Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
· Inductive Reasoning — The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
POST DATE/TIME: 2-September-2020
PRIMARY DUTY LOCATION: United States-VA-Herndon
CLEARANCE LEVEL: TS/SCI
SHIFT: First DEPARTMENT: Engineering REPORTS TO: FLSA STATUS:
NEAREST MAJOR MARKET: Washington, DC
SPENCER COLE, LLC OVERVIEW: Spencer Cole, LLC specializes in providing unique Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Combat Systems, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C5ISR), Cyber security and IT, Product Lifecycle Development, Program Management, as well as Training products and services solutions to complex problems within the Oil & Gas, Construction, Manufacturing, Health, and IT industries.
The company is headquartered in Fort Worth, TX. For more information, visit www.spencercole.com.
Spencer Cole, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
KEY WORDS: Industry: Information Technology; Sector: Government, Defense, Military; Role: Software Developer, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applications, Database; KSAs: Programming, Test, Integration, Technology, Design, Development, Administrative, Technical Writing, Database Management; Special: Secret Clearance; Department: Engineering, Science, Mathematics, and Technology
Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No