SOF Script Writer (Camp Lejeune, NC) (TS/SCI Required) – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on June 9, 2021
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
The SOF Script Writer for Vector Solutions is responsible for scenario development support for the Marine Forces Special Operations Command (MARSOC) Marine Raider Regiment’s (MRR) Training and Education Group (RRTEG). This position will require technical experience in Advanced Special Operations Techniques (ASOT) and exercise control. As part of its leadership responsibilities, the MRR provides regimental and subordinate unit level pre-deployment training (PTP) in individual and collective tasks for Special Operations Officers (SOO), Critical Skills Operators (CSO) and Special Operations Capability Specialists (SOCS). This training is conducted across all three Marine Raider Battalions (MRB) at the Marine Special Operations Company (MSOC) level for assigned core tasks, supporting tasks, and advanced skills.
The SOF Script Writer shall reside within the RRTEG and must have a clear understanding of the MARSOC organization, structure, and mission to perform script writing and coordination across all aspects of scenario development, and all other duties, responsibilities, and actions necessary to support RRTEG activities.
NOTE: This opportunity is contingent upon contract award
• Develop a seamless training scenario with an operational theme that achieves all unit goals and objectives as defined.
• Ensure scenario and all supporting documents are IAW applicable documents and best practices; Supported by proposed training objectives, unit requested conditions, available resources, operational & Sub variables PMESII-PT, Joint/Conventional/SOF Doctrine, MARSOC Training and Readiness (T&R) Manual, Unit METL, and SOPs.
• Provide a challenging and realistic exercise scenario and its conditions that incorporates red cell/white cell, checklists, master scenario event list (MSELs), injects, with timelines that allows personnel involved at every level an opportunity to demonstrate a clearunderstanding and all associated applicable skills IAW specified, essential, enhancing, and implied tasks to meet commander’s goals/objectives.
• Coordinate with RRTEG personnel to capture input for and the preparation of written After Action Reports (AAR), evaluations or other required documents as requested by the RRTEG
• Former Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO), Warrant Officer or Officer
• Must have 10 years SOF experience to include award and retention of SOF Military Occupational Specialty Qualification (MOS Q)
• Minimum of 5 SOF combat deployments of which 1 employing ASOT TTPs.
• Advance Special Operations Techniques Course (ASOTC) graduate.
• Possess TOP SECRET/SCI clearance on day one
• Must have operated at the Battalion or higher staff level.
• Preferably had an assignment at a credited Exercise Control Center such as NTC, JRTC or a recognized USSOCOM exercise as a lead planner on at least (1) multi-day SOF exercise that has included RW infil/ exfils and explosive breaching and/ or MFF into an urban environment.
• Capable of data mining for unit’s area of responsibility (AOR) specific current and relevant information as it pertains to script writing.
• Capable of structure training event(s) that establishes the conditions to facilitate performance-oriented training on properly selected, directed, and mission essential training objectives.
• Capable of developing specialized Courses of Instruction (COIs) for emerging mission requirements.ses of Instruction (COIs) for emerging mission requirements.
• Familiarity with the exercise life cycle, exercise design, and exercise control
• Exercise scenario scripting, POL development, and MSEL and storyline event
• SAT, CCE and/or RAVEN development and/or control experience
Job Location & Schedule:
• Stone Bay, Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
• Full-Time (1880 hours)
• Normal duty hours are 0730-1600, Monday – Friday, which includes a 30-minute lunch
break. Non-duty time is 1600-0730 weekdays, weekends, and Federal holidays.
• Travel required, up to 50%
Contingent Upon Contract Award
• Interviews are in progress, with start dates contingent upon contract award and contract
start date. (Contract start date estimated: September 2021)
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No