Seeking ETL Developer – Work from Home
Posted by Military - Civilian on January 13, 2022
To apply to this job, contact Military - Civilian.
ETL Developer – Work from Home
Full Time Work From Home
The ETL Developer is responsible for analyzing data from legacy vendor applications and converting it to the corresponding OP database tables with as high fidelity as possible. The ETL Developer will have a strong command of relational database concepts, extensive data analysis skills, and basic familiarity with EHR usage and concepts. Close collaboration with the assigned Implementation Project Manager (IPM) is required. Due to the nature of most conversion projects, availability during evening and weekend hours is required. This is a client-facing role therefore, strong communication skills are imperative.
Essential Functions / Tasks / Duties / Responsibilities:
● Analyze flat files and databases from other products to import existing patient demographics and medical records into Office Practicum.
● Review patient data specs to convert data into a readable format for Office Practicum.
● Work with clients and vendors using ETL tools (Pentaho Kettle) to extract, analyze and import data into Office Practicum prior to go-live date.
● Work with business stakeholders to assist with data modeling, or outlining the data requirements to support business processes.
● Develop source-to-target mapping, or data transformation instructions that outline how to convert data in the source system to the target system as well as map the data values.
● Complete test runs on data conversions for import accuracy.
● Work with Implementation leadership to recommend and implement improvements to the data conversion process.
● Document and update work performed in Salesforce to keep OP staff apprised of conversion progress.
● Independently manage multiple projects at varying stages of completion.
● Work according to the timeline and expectation designated by the client and effectively address delays or complications.
● Perform all other duties as assigned by Data Conversion Supervisor and/or Implementation Technical Manager.
● Technology proficiency, including:
Working knowledge of SQL and Pentaho Kettle ETL
Web-based and server-based applications
XML and xpath knowledge
Strong object oriented analysis and design skills
Basic connectivity standards
MySQL experience a plus
● Excellent written and verbal communications
Must have the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external project stakeholders with varied levels of exposure to technical software implementation.
● Customer engagement and service.
● Must be able to resolve data discrepancies with clients and answer follow-up questions, while maintaining a high-level of service and customer friendly manner.
● Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail.
● Root cause analysis and troubleshooting.
● Adaptability and flexibility.
● Ability to successfully balance multiple priorities and projects in a deadline driven environment.
● Ability to assume sole and independent responsibility completing various assigned project tasks.
● Results focused.
● Active listening.
Education and Experience Requirements:
● Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in computer science or a related technical domain.
● 2 years prior ETL experience, preferably in healthcare IT administration or related discipline.
● Experience using ETL tools, including Pentaho Kettle, required
Medical terminology knowledge
EHR or other healthcare application experience
Work Environment / Physical demands/ Travel Requirements:
• Computer and telephone required to perform duties.
• Lifting requirements of no more than five pounds.
• Presence at the corporate office is preferred for optimal service results.
• Evening and weekend hours will be required periodically.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: Yes