Posted by Angela Lee on June 29, 2020
To apply to this job, contact Angela Lee.
Advanced Management Strategies Group is looking for a Proposal Manager to support our fast-growing Headquarters office located in Dumfries, VA. AMSG is a Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) verified Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). AMSG supports a variety of Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Defense Health Agency, Department of the Treasury, and Federal Trade Commission (FTC) program and performance management services. We take pride in our great work environment and highly motivated company. Join our team of top talent in supporting the federal government!
Send resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Dumfries, VA
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field. Shipley Associates proposal training is desirable for this position.
Experience: 3-5 years of experience in federal government contractor proposal management reflecting increasing levels of responsibility in all aspects of the proposal process.
General Description: The Proposal Manager role is to coordinate and lead the development of compliant, winning proposals for new and recompete bids as assigned across the company. The Proposal Manager will manage the entire proposal process and schedule for an assigned set of proposals. The Proposal Manager will leverage the skills of a proposal coordinator and other AMSG proposal resources in creating a compelling and compliant proposal. The Proposal Manager also coordinates pricing with an assigned pricing specialist. The Proposal Manager reports to the Director of Proposal Management and Marketing.
- Manage small, medium, and large-scale, complex proposals for government customers across defense and civilian agencies.
- Timely execution and facilitation of content and process management for proposals in response to Request for Information (RFIs) and Request for Proposal (RFPs) as a prime or subcontractor.
- Analyze solicitations and/or customer requirements to layout proposal strategy.
- Monitor, analyze, and communicate all amendments and modifications to the solicitation.
- Lead proposal processes and create proposal plans, annotated outlines, compliance matrices, proposal schedules, win themes and provide leadership and direction to cross-functional teams.
- Plan and lead effective, strategic, and results-driven kick off meetings, price strategy meetings and facilitate color review meetings. Document and clearly communicate notes, action items, due dates and expectations with internal team members and teaming partners.
- Lead regular proposal status meetings and manage the team to the proposal schedule.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval and coordinating requirements with contributors to include internal team members and teaming partners.
- Prepare written responses to solicitations using information, facts, research and supporting documentation gathered from the content library and various departmental resources and subject matter experts.
- Manage proposal versioning and quality control to ensure that all proposals meet high standards for submittal, in coordination with Contracts and Program Management departments.
- Perform in-depth editing of draft responses for clarity, continuity, readability, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure and spelling.
- Ensure compelling and compliant proposal general process with demanding deadlines.
- Participate and lead strategy sessions on all proposals to develop win themes, lead color reviews, assist the proposal writing and coordinate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to effectively respond to technical approaches.
- Coordinate with teams to complete all aspects of the Technical Approach and Past Performance responses, including maintaining an active and up-to-date company past performance library on SharePoint.
- Coordinate Past Performance Questionnaires as needed.
- Ensure compliance with the AMSG, ISO-certified proposal development process.
- Assist with ongoing maintenance of reusable knowledge and content database.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Location: , Dumfries, Va 22025 ,
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: Yes