Operations Research and System Analyst (ORSA), Tampa, FL – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on June 18, 2021
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
HII Technical Solutions Division (HII-TSD) would like to request the following position to be shared with the SpecialOpsNet.org group.
Position: Operations Research and System Analyst (ORSA) – 3029
Contact Information: Nicole McDaniel – Nicole.McDaniel@hii-tsd.com
Submit Resume to: Nicole.McDaniel@hii-tsd.com or apply directly at https://jobs.hii-tsd.com/job/Tampa-Intelligence-Analyst-%28Intelligence-Analyst-4%29-3029-FL-33621/739732400/
Huntington Ingalls Industries – Technical Solutions Division (HII-TSD) is currently seeking an Operations Research and System Analyst (ORSA) in Tampa, FL. United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM), Concept Development and Integration Division (J59) requires Futures Planning and Synchronization (FPS) support services.
This position provides Special Operation Forces (SOF) Enterprise with subject matter experts (SMEs) to provide advice, analyses, and assistance in carrying out responsibilities required to support the J5 missions.
What you will do
- Perform as the ORSA SME for J5 events and activities
- Apply quantitative and qualitative analysis to the J5 decision making process developing and applying advanced mathematical and analytical models, probability models, statistical interference, simulations, optimization, and economic models at all levels
- Examine information to determine what is relevant to a problem and what methods might be used to analyze it, and provide recommendations to address the problem
- Provide recommendations for future component and Theater Special Operations Command (TSOC) doctrine, organization, training, material, leadership and education, personnel, facilities and policy (DOTMLPL-P) capability solutions
- Perform pre and post wargame, experimentation, concept development, and implementation of doctrine, organization, training, material, leadership and education, personnel, facilities and policy (DOTMLPF-P) event analysis and change recommendation
- Support collaboration with the Military Services to improve the integration and interoperability amongst SOF and conventional forces
- Provide SOF SME support through all phases of project development.
- Prepare briefs, information papers, and presentations as required utilizing Microsoft Office family of products (i.e. Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Access)
- The ORSA position is considered Key Personnel
- Develop and maintain an electronic resource, to include key points of contact, to be used for mission continuity that may be accessed by all stakeholders
What we are looking for
- 9 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 7 years relevant experience with Masters in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 13 years relevant experience.
- Certified as an Operations Research/Systems Analyst (ORSA) (i.e. United States Air Force (USAF) – ORSA Military Applications Course)
- 5 years’ experience as an ORSA supporting any DoD agency within the past 10 years
- Graduate of any senior service college (i.e. Army School of Advanced Military Studies, Joint Advanced Warfighting School, Naval Postgraduate School Defense Analysis Program, etc.)
- 3 years of experience developing and presenting verbal and written products at the 06-level command staff
- 2 years’ experience using ALL Microsoft Office products (i.e. SharePoint, Word, and PowerPoint, Access, Excel etc.)
- Clearance- Must possess and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
A division of Huntington Ingalls Industries
This opportunity resides with Defense & Federal Solutions, a business group within Huntington Ingalls Industries’ Technical Solutions division, helps solve tough national security challenges for the Department of Defense, the intelligence community and federal civilian agencies. Our expert capabilities include intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR), and cyber; secure enterprise IT engineering and operations; military training and simulation; logistics management and integrated product support; and fleet maintenance, modernization, repair and sustainment.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.
|Candace M. Kenner, PHR
Talent Acquisition Manager, ISR
Defense and Federal Solutions
|5701 Cleveland Street, Suite 400 | Virginia Beach, VA 23462|
|Mobile (757) 771-8364|
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No