Network Technician – Telecommuter/Travel
To apply to this job,
Wanted: A mission driven professional with 3-5 years of experience and a secret clearance to become our next Network Technician.
As a Network Technician you will:
- Provide technical and operational support in the installation of network, LANs/WANs, and telecommunications equipment and systems.
- Work with a team of driven, supportive and highly skilled professionals.
- Receive robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Be a part of an empowered accountability culture where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in the future success and growth of the company.
A week in the life of Network Technician:
- Test and analyze elements of network facilities (power, communications equipment, software lines, modems, and terminals).
- Conduct various surveys such as electronic/electrical, mechanical and environment systems, space and weight, maintainability, and logistic support to determine feasibility of installations.
- Activate/deactivate network lines according to established schedules.
- Provide technical support to end-users and perform first/second-level troubleshooting.
- Provide on-site end-user training on system operations and maintenance.
- Interface with network vendors and maintain overall functionality of networks.
- Monitor systems, advise senior staff of network failures or degradation, and assist in arranging for corrective actions plans.
- Experience/Knowledge with router and switch configurations
- Track and coordinate individual tasks for labor utilization, job performance quality, and scheduling
- Provide training and/or guidance for junior technicians
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day.
• Forbes National Best Midsize Companies 2021
• Energage National Best Workplaces, National 2021
• Washington Post Best Workplaces, 2021
Veteran Hiring Awards:
• U.S. Department of Labor Hire Vets Medallion
• BEST FOR VETS by Military Times
• TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY COMPANY by MilitaryFriendly.com
- HS Diploma (or equivalent)
- Must be will to travel extensively (60% – 70%), CONUS and OCONUS
- Training in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in Computer Science or related field
- Secret Clearance
- CompTia A+, Network+, and/or Security+ Certification
- Extensive knowledge of network industry standard principles
- SIPRNET Familiarity is a strong plus
- Ability to develop technical solutions to problems with limited supervision
- Highly motivated, self-starter and team player with a high energy level and willingness to aggressively take on responsibility
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to approach job responsibilities with a focus on process improvement
- Able to work and effectively communicate with all levels of management, including executive management
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Unconditional integrity and commitment to achieving goal
50 – 60%
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No
To apply to this job,