Network Security Engineer – Secret Clearance
Posted by Lauren Moretti on June 9, 2021
To apply to this job, click here.
WANTED: a mission driven professional with a Secret Clearance, Security + Certification and experience as a Network Security Engineer for the federal government to support the Air Force in Rome, NY.
As a Network Security Engineer, you will:
- Perform vulnerability assessments used to test and validate the security of supported networks including the DREN and NIPRNET.
- Join a leading company with over 40 years in the industry
- Receive robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Join a team of dedicated professionals who care about the quality of our product.
- Be a part of an empowered accountability culture where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in the future success and growth of the company.
A week in the life of a Network Security Engineer:
- Maintain and ensure continued Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) compliance along with support IA tasks
- Aid in IA activities required for the effective sustainment of the systems in accordance with DOD Information Assurance Certification process.
- Work with the IA Services functional area to address local IA requirements
- Coordinate and implement downward directed network and security measures received from AFMC and the Integrated Network Operations Security Center (INOSC)/li>
- Provide security management support for information systems security including:
- Assisting with strategic planning
- Configuration management
- Project life cycle
- Network renovation efforts
- Certification & accreditation reviews
- Policy comparison/reviews
- Supporting enterprise projects and initiatives
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day.
- Forbes National Best Midsize Companies 2021
- Energage National Best Workplaces, National 2021
- Washington Post Best Workplaces, 2021
Veteran Hiring Awards:
- U.S. Department of Labor Hire Vets Medallion
- BEST FOR VETS by Military Times
- TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY COMPANY by MilitaryFriendly.com
- Secret security clearance required
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Network Security Engineer
- Security+ certification or equivalent required
Skills and abilities:
- Highly motivated, self-starter and team player with a high energy level and willingness to aggressively take on responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to approach job responsibilities with a focus on process improvement
- Able to work and effectively communicate with all levels of management
- Unconditional integrity and commitment to achieving goals
% Travel 0 – 10%
Clearance Required? Secret
- Location: https://rolp.co/aYsRk, Rome, New York 13340, United States
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No