Network Engineer, Senior Telecommuter/Travel
Posted by Lauren Moretti on June 10, 2021
To apply to this job, click here.
WANTED: a mission driven Senior Network Engineer with a Secret Clearance.
As a Senior Network Engineer, you will:
- Provide critical support to National Priority programs
- Receive a competitive compensation and benefits package, to include our Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Be part of an empowered culture where you are a key contributor to the success of the company
- Join a team of highly skilled, driven, and supportive professionals
- Continue growing your technical skills and knowledge
A week in the life of a Senior Network Engineer:
- Travel to air force bases to perform network equipment installation, cutover, testing, and site acceptance.
- Work with base personnel to Isolate and resolve complex network problems to ensure complete cutover of network functionality.
- Update technical documentation and drawings to create as-build final documentation.
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day.
• Forbes National Best Midsize Companies 2021
• Energage National Best Workplaces, National 2021
• Washington Post Best Workplaces, 2021
Veteran Hiring Awards:
• U.S. Department of Labor Hire Vets Medallion
• BEST FOR VETS by Military Times
• TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY COMPANY by MilitaryFriendly.com
- Must possess an active DoD Secret security clearance
- Technical BS degree or equivalent in experience.
- Security+ certification required
- CCNA required
- Five years minimum experience as a Network Engineer, 9 years without a BS
- VLAN experience. Certification preferred.
- ACL experience. Certification preferred.
- Cisco Software and Routing. Certification preferred.
- IP and DHCP experience. Certification preferred.
- Excellent customer facing skills
Skills and abilities:
- Highly motivated, self-starter and team player with a high energy level and willingness to aggressively take on responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to approach job responsibilities with a focus on process improvement.
- Excellent computer knowledge and experience.
- Able to work and effectively communicate with all levels of management
- Sound technical experience in assessing network support requirements as well as conducting required administrative tasks required for the projects.
- Strong verbal and writing skills.
- Unconditional integrity and commitment to achieving goals.
- Location: Telecommuter/Travel, Telecommuter/Travel, ,
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No