Mid-Level Asia-Pacific Security Expert – AM&E – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on September 14, 2021
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
Are you interested in making a move to a fast-paced work environment with a growing company making a global impact every day? Vysnova Partners, Inc. (Vysnova) is a program management firm that delivers professional and technical services worldwide to governmental and commercial clients. Vysnova staff manages programs and projects primarily within the Public Health, Government Acquisition and Training sectors. We work throughout in the U.S. and overseas including; Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East chiefly for governmental clients, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Department of Defense (DOD), the General Services Administration (GSA), and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
Currently, Vysnova is seeking a highly qualified and motivated Mid-level Asia-Pacific Security Expert for potential full-time work upon award supporting the Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA).
The overall objective of this contract is to provide the DoD with strategic evaluation services to conduct a strategic evaluation of Coordinating with Allies and Partners to Provide Security Cooperation in Oceania in support of the AM&E program for SC.
The Mid-level Asia-Pacific Security Expert will have demonstrated sub-regional expertise in Oceania and shall provide Asia Pacific and Oceania regional and Security Cooperation policy subject matter expertise to the evaluation team, and undertake responsibilities that include but are not limited to the following:
· Support the Team Leader to develop and execute a rigorous research methodology in a timely manner and in a way that is responsive to client feedback and will achieve the evaluation purpose and answer the strategic evaluations questions while meeting all PWS requirements and other USG technical quality and performance standards, DoD evaluation policies and guidance outlined in DoDI 5132.14 and the OUSD(P) SC AM&E Standards and Guidelines, and international research and evaluation best practices including the AEA Guiding Principles for Evaluators;
· Provide technical input and research guidance to the evaluation team based on his/her in-depth knowledge of the Asia-Pacific and Oceania security dynamics and context, DoD SC programs and operating environments, SC related policies and doctrine, and security related activities of the USG and its allies and partners in Oceania or in the Asia Pacific region more generally;
· Support the development and execution of a creative, sound, and rigorous methodology as documented in the final inception report as approved by the client including qualitative and quantitative sampling and data analysis procedures;
· Support and undertake all assigned data collection activities including comprehensive desk research, identifying key stakeholders and scheduling interviews following DoD communication protocols, drafting and testing data collection instruments to ensure they are appropriately tailored for different evaluation participants, and conducting remote and in-country field work;
· As a contributing author of all evaluation deliverables, support the Team Leader in drafting, quality control, editing, and revising of the QCP, Work Plan, Strategic Evaluation Design Matrix, Inception Report, presentations and briefings, and draft and final evaluation reports to meet PWS requirements and responsive to client comments and requests for clarification; and
· Develop and deliver high quality presentations of evaluation results to a wide range of stakeholders, including high level forums.
The Mid-level Asia-Pacific Security Research Expert will have the following qualifications, experience, and expertise:
- Master’s degree in evaluation or research methods, social sciences, public policy, political science, security studies, or a related field;
- Demonstrated understanding and application of research methods and best practices for complex program evaluations and research efforts in a DoD setting;
- 10 years of experience providing technical support for complex international Security Cooperation policies, projects or programs, including program development, performance management to include participating in evaluations, or other research efforts to inform SC polices and/or program designs;
- Extensive expertise and knowledge of the regional security context and security cooperation related activities of the USG and its allies and partners in Oceania or in the Asia Pacific region more generally.
- Primary author of evaluations, policy research published by respected think tanks, and/or publications in peer reviewed journals in topics related to evaluative studies of international programs, security cooperation, Asia-Pacific affairs and other security policy related issues;
- Superior quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis skills;
- Superior writing and interpersonal communication skills;
- Extensive experience conducting research or evaluations in international settings;
- Active Secret Security Clearance; and
- Familiarity with the American Evaluation Association (AEA) Guiding Principles for Evaluators.
- Five years’ experience in project or program management
- Be familiar with theater and/or country clearance requirements and should be able to interface directly with Geographic Combatant Commands (GCCs) and/or Embassy staff as required.
Apply using the link below:
Colleen W. Cauley, SHRM-CP (she/her/hers) | Talent Acquisition Manager
Phone: (301) 830-8885 ext 115 | Fax: (301) 830-8887
Vysnova Partners, Inc. | www.vysnova.com
8400 Corporate Drive, Suite 130 Landover, MD 20785
PLEASE NOTE: This message, including any attachments, may include privileged, confidential and/or inside information. Any distribution or use of this communication by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system. Thank you.
PPlease consider the environment before printing this e-mail.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No