IED Triage Technician – Top Secret Clearance
Posted by Lauren Moretti on June 9, 2021
To apply to this job, click here.
WANTED: A mission-driven professional with an IED background and Active Top Secret to become our next Triage Technician at Indian Head, MD.
As a Triage Technician you will:
- Provide team-focused, mission-essential support in a challenging environment to our nation’s War Fighters.
- Work with a team of driven, supportive and highly skilled professionals.
- Receive a robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Enjoy flexibility managing your work hours and personal needs with a single accrual leave plan.
A week in the life of a Triage Technician:
- Supervise and performs triage, ensuring proper safety protocols are implemented and followed by all triage personnel, for the safety of all personnel working the lab.
- Reviews and revises Standard Operating Procedures for triage operations.
- Conducts safety reviews and briefs lab personnel as requires to address potential safety issues observed and change in procedure mitigation measures.
- Supervise and conducts use of X-ray devices to confirm explosive safety of recovered IED components as part of triage.
- Supervises and performs forensic photography of device configurations.
- Supervise and conducts use of explosive and hazardous material test equipment.
- Analyze X-ray data for identification of initiators/explosives/power sources/firing circuits/components and booby traps. Supervises and conducts immediate actions per SOP’s to neutralize any explosive threat discovered during triage observing all associated safety precautions.
- Confirms level I exploitation and prioritizes evidence in the lab.
- Brief and train replacement personnel on all SOP’s
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day.
- Forbes National Best Midsize Companies 2021
- Energage National Best Workplaces, National 2021
- Washington Post Best Workplaces,
2021 Veteran Hiring Awards:
- U.S. Department of Labor Hire Vets Medallion
- BEST FOR VETS by Military Times
- TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY COMPANY by MilitaryFriendly.com
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Physical ability and commitment to deploy globally as a CEXC team member.
- Ability to possess/handle firearms in support of CEXC operations.
- Familiarity with Asymmetric Threat and Tactical Analysis Case Book (ATTAC), WTI Exploitation and Analysis Tool (WEAT), WTI Lexicon, SIPRNET and Community of Interest databases and portals.
- Intimate familiarity with lab processes and work flow for level II exploitation efforts.
- Familiarity with Universal profiling and schema.
- Have current knowledge of global IED device and TTP threat.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of the Naval School Explosive Ordnance Disposal.
- Six years civilian or military experience equivalent.
- Experience working with a C-IED Task Force, CEXC, WTI, C-IED Team, DTK Lab, JEFF, TEDAC facility, other NGIC, DIA, JIDO, or ATF Lab; interagency or state/local law enforcement lab.
- Prior U.S. Military or civilian experience working in EOD or C-IED, specifically with NSW Naval, Marine Corps, Army, or Air Force Special Operations Forces.
- U.S. citizenship. Certifications and Other Qualifications:
- Eligible for both U.S. Tourist Passport and U.S. Official Passport.
- Current DOD Top Secret/SCI (or SCI eligibility) security clearance posted in Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS).
% Travel 40 – 50%
Clearance Required? Top Secret
- Location: , Indian Head, Maryland , United States
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No