Geospatial Systems Administrator (Fort Bragg NC, TS/SCI) – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on July 24, 2021
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
Vice President of Talent Management
Office: 813.902.3557 Ext 229 | Fax: 813.902.3807
|Home | Quiet Professionals
Defense contractor based in Tampa, FL. Deep military, intelligence support, and geospatial services experience. Leaders in big data analytics, AI & machine learning, geospatial & more.
This message may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete or destroy any copy of this message.
IMPORTANT NOTICE As a proactive, precautionary measure to restrict contribution to the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), Quiet Professionals (QP) is temporarily implementing safety measures to protect the health and safety of our Clients, Partners, and Employees. Due to this rapidly evolving situation, we have taken steps to ensure we can continue to deliver the level of excellence and timeliness you have come to expect. Please accept our apologizes for any interruption or delays in providing service as we work through this challenging time. Thank you for your patience.
Geospatial Systems Administrator
Fort Bragg, NC
Job Title: Geospatial Systems Administrator
Experience Level: Senior
Location: Fort Bragg, NC (10% CONUS travel)
Quiet Professionals, LLC seeks Geospatial Systems Administrators that want to make a difference in the defense of the nation by applying their talents and experience in a fast-paced dynamic environment in support of US Special Operations Command. The opportunities are limited to those that have the operational and technical experience, and skills to effectively apply IT practices in support of real-world operations enterprise. The candidate will be an integral part of a selective professional IT development team that directly supports the analysis during the operational planning cycle to support mission success. This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization and will be located in Fayetteville, NC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be part of a IT team responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of an enterprise system architecture to include associated geospatial databases, network equipment and software tools and applications. The team performs complex analysis, design and modification of GIS applications and databases and evaluation of new GIS hardware and software.
- Be required to maintain the enterprise systems architecture to include effective installation, configuration, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the architecture.
- Serve as the face of the IT team with the end user to assist in the troubleshooting, maintenance, and development of solutions to meet the end user’s requirements.
- Technologies supported include ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server, SOCET GXP, OpenGeo Software Suite, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Active Directory, NetApp Storage Solutions, VMWare, and Linux server software.
- Experience and knowledge will be vital to system architecture backup and recovery plans, the implementation of security 4.5.2 protocols and patches, the monitoring of system health and loading and the administration of multiple servers, databases and storage solutions.
- Active DoD TS/SCI security clearance
- Must meet the requirements of DCID 6/4
- Ability to perform installation, configuration, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of systems within the enterprise GIS architecture
- 5+ years of progressive experience performing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and software required for MS and LINUX operating systems
- 2+ years of experience within the past three years Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Active Directory, VMWare, Linux server software, and have knowledge on network storage
- Shall be proficient in administering and deploying geospatial applications and intelligence related automation to support analytical efforts and product development
- Shall be proficient in administering and deploying enterprise level open source and commercial of the shelf (COTS) GIS server equipment in support of Intelligence organizations
- Required to obtain and maintain currency of the appropriate level certification in accordance with DODD 8570.01
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of additional experience supporting special operations automated desktop processing (ADP) management. Additional years of experience in the fields of intelligence systems architecture and geospatial systems experience are highly desirable
Quiet Professionals, LLC, (QP) is an independently owned and operated CVE-Certified Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) with headquarters located in Tampa, Florida. Our goal is to provide innovative and sustainable solutions that improve operational effectiveness of our clients and partners. We have extensive knowledge and experience in a variety of areas involving Military Support, Intelligence, Information Technology and Security Operations. QP is committed to providing high quality services appropriate to the level of experience and expertise required in analyzing, planning, advising and conducting operations on a global scale.
Quiet Professionals, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our team of Quiet Professionals are highly driven, innovative and results oriented.We empower our teams’ creativity, knowledge and expertise to support client needs by providing a diverse, inclusive and supportive workplace. We understand that diversity fuels innovation and powers our success.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No