Emergency Management Specialist – DOE – TS, Q OR L clearance – Oak Ridge, TN – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on April 7, 2021
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
Totally Joined For Achieving Collaborative Techniques (TJFACT) is a veteran owned, SDVOSB, 8(a), CVE certified and HUBZone certified performance driven professional services government contracting company that provides abroad spectrum of services and solutions to the U.S government agencies and organizations.
About the position:
TJFACT is seeking to hire Emergency Management Specialist I, in Oak Ridge, TN to join our team!
We are seeking an Emergency Management Specialist I to support the development and implementation of the emergency management and Continuity of Operations (COOP) activities of the Department of Energy’s Office of Science (SC) Consolidated Service Center (CSC) and to provide technical support to Office of Science laboratories across the DOE Complex. The position also supports the DOE Oak Ridge Office of Environmental Management in emergency management activities (OREM). EMS1 shall serve as a subject matter expert supporting DOE, SC, and CSC Emergency Management Programs to include COOP and Pandemic preparedness and planning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Individual (s) occupying this position shall be proficient in all areas of the statement of work. The primarily focus is on DOE, SC, and CSC Emergency Management Programs and Continuity of Operations (COOP) programs to include conducting assessments, drills and exercises.
- Must have the ability to develop and review emergency management and COOP plans and implementing procedures, emergency response agreements and maintain Emergency Response Organization (ERO) performance documents.
- Specific areas of responsibility include: Technical review of DOE, SC, CSC emergency management documents such as: Emergency Plans, COOP/Pandemic Plans, Hazards Surveys and Emergency Planning Hazards Assessments.
- The Emergency Management Specialists shall have the experience and ability to provide technical review and implementation of DOE Orders and guides.
- Shall conduct emergency management assessments on behalf of SC Site Offices and DOE Program Offices to include conducting management assessments.
- Shall manage the Oak Ridge Federal Building Complex (FBC) Emergency Response Organization to include development, delivery, and documentation of training.
- EMS1 shall coordinate the update and maintenance of the Oak Ridge Reservation emergency management GIS mapping system.
- EMS1 shall serve as CSC COOP Coordinator, FBC Senior Evacuation Monitor, and System Administrator for the CSC Notification system.
- The EMS1 shall also serve in a position in the FBC ERO when activated.
- May be required to travel to SC sites/labs to support their emergency management programs during reviews, exercises or assessments as requested.
- The Emergency Management Specialist I position is focused on the FBC emergency management program to include the development and maintenance of the FBC Emergency Plan and other supporting documents for each occupied FBC building. This position will also manage the FBC Emergency Response Organization to include evacuation monitors.
- This position is responsible for the development, execution, documentation and addressing assigned corrective actions identified during actual incidents or exercises involving the CSC emergency management and COOP programs.
Key Personality Attributes Required:
- Sense of ownership.
- Loyalty & long work tenure with prior organizations.
- Sense of urgency.
- Sense of pride in work product.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Positive attitude
Required Skills and Experience
Due to the interaction with senior DOE, SC, CSC and off-site leadership this position must:
- Have strong technical, writing and presentation skills.
- A four-year bachelor’s degree
- Six (6) years of experience in emergency management.
- Have experience in the implementation of DOE emergency management and COOP programs
- The four-year bachelor’s degree can be offset by a minimum of eight years of additional experience. An advanced degree can offset two years of emergency management experience.
TJFACT is proud to offer industry leading compensation, high-quality, broad and diverse benefits, a very generous Paid Time Off plan, Employee Awards & Rewards, and a corporate 401k plan.
TJFACT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
|Julie Coste | Corporate Recruiter|
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No