Electronic Exploitation Engineer (Secret Minimum) – Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on January 11, 2021
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
Position: Electronic Exploitation Engineer
Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), Maryland / OCONUS
Job Overview: Electronics Exploitation Engineer (EEE) to provide forensics and exploitation support for the Army R&D Community, who will be available and willing to deploy to OCONUS locations to include the CENTCOM and AFRICOM AORs for up to 6 months rotations. While deployed, responsibilities include installing, debugging, maintaining, upgrading of all assigned equipment as well as provide broad mission support, training, briefings, employing and fielding of the technical exploitation (TECHEX) capability to include; electrical forensics applications, tools, and systems. The EEE will serve as the Subject Matter Expert in relation to the collection and handling of recovered electronics devices, ensuring that triage and TECHEX occurs in accordance with organizational intelligence requirements. As the Subject Matter Expert, the EEE must be able to work independently in isolated work environments. The EEE will also execute reach-back and coordination with CONUS-based engineering staff, as needed.
Required Experience: 3 years’ experience with a technical degree -OR- 5 years’ experience with an Associate degree.
Security Clearance Required: Active Secret clearance and ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
Required Qualifications: Extensive experience in electronics engineering.
- Understanding of RF communications, with emphasis on complete characterization of electronic circuits.
- Experience using benchtop RF equipment including Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, and other equipment.
- Perform standard RF measurements (e.g. occupied bandwidth, average power, pulse width) using the previously listed test equipment.
- Experience in synthesizing and generating various types of RF waveforms using and arbitrary waveform generator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related scientific or technical discipline.
- Previous experience working in OCONUS DoD forensic exploitation labs, to include FXL-C and ACME Labs.
- Experience in reverse engineering electronic devices, electronic components, and circuit boards.
- Experience supporting exploitation and modeling and simulation tool development.
- Working knowledge of software defined radios (SDR), such as the Ettus B210 and x310. Able to interface with such units in order to transmit or receiver RF signals.
- Basic MATLAB (and other basic programming/scripting) skills, should be able to apply digital signal processing techniques to communication signals. Techniques include digital filtering, sample rate conversion, frequency/phase estimation, demodulation, carrier recovery, timing recovery, channel equalization, pulse shaping, and forward error correction.
- Experience working with embedded systems such as Arduino and writing programs leveraging the SPI bus to configure and analyze various chipsets.
- Previous OCONUS deployment experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide hands-on technical forensic exploitation support for technical intelligence (TECHINT), media exploitation (MEDEX), cell phone exploitation (CELLEX), electronic exploitation (ELEX), and other unique exploitation missions.
- Conduct electronic and functional analyses of target devices, understand and describe how the target functions from an electronic perspective – basic signaling characteristics; voltage levels; electrical connections; electrical modifications to commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) hardware; logic states; operating frequencies; component configuration identification; operating profiles/modes; operation in noisy electromagnetic environments; and susceptibility.
- Serve as subject matter expert in RF characterization.
- Publish reports and briefings in order to present characterization information, electronics vulnerabilities, and exploitation recommendations.
- Work with a team to respond to RFI’s and determine best consolidated solutions to problems.
- Design and implement characterization standard operating procedures (SOPs) and implement SOPs in daily functions.
Application Process: EMAIL RESUMES IN WORD FORMAT to: Careers@darkbladesystems.com
Darkblade Systems Corporation
420 W. Jubal Early Dr. Ste. 204 Winchester, VA 22601
Darkblade Systems Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No