Cryptographic Security Designer (CSD) – Fort Meade, MD TS/SCI (FSP) – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on September 14, 2020
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
Cryptographic Security Designer (CSD) – Fort Meade, Maryland
Responsible for providing cryptographic principles or key management techniques for the design of information assurance systems to meet security standards, operational requirements, and engineering objectives. Exploring new cryptographic design and key management techniques. Developing cryptographic algorithms, principles, and key management techniques and efficient methods for their implementation. Conducting crypto-mathematical and cryptanalytic studies. Redesigning fielded crypto-logics as required. Providing design guidance during the development of Information Assurance systems to ensure the secure and efficient implementation of cryptographic algorithms and techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of relevant experience, or a Master’s degree plus 1 year of relevant experience.
- Degree must be in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or include 2 years (i.e., 24 credit hours) of advanced mathematics.
- Relevant experience must be in designing information assurance systems or components to meet security standards, operational requirements, and engineering objectives. In addition, may include using current security tools; hardware/software security implementation; communication protocols; and encryption techniques/tools.
· Additional Professional Certifications (per DoD 8570 or field-related)
· Military service
Please send an updated resume in Word format to email@example.com
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Analyze problems to determine technical solutions
- Develop solution designs
- Design, application, and analysis of cryptographic security standards and security metrics applying principles of communications security and communications intelligence to develop the systems or processes involved in encrypting or decrypting communications
- Write complex documents (for example, business/technical reports, speeches/scripts, legal and policy documents, historical monographs, manuals/guides, technical specifications, test plans, project proposals, design documents)
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
· Active Top Secret/SCI clearance with Full Scope Polygraph (FSP)
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
· Background in applied Computer Security or Information Assurance
· MA/MS in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, Cybersecurity or related disciplines
· Works well in a small team environment. Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
Please send resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No