Combat Programs Program Analyst – San Diego, CA – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on July 24, 2021
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
Combat Programs Program Analyst – San Diego, CA
Cydecor is one of the most consistently growing organizations in the industry. We are a fast-paced government contractor, headquartered in Crystal City, Virginia. Our growth rate has exceeded double digits for more than ten years. Because of this expansion, we are upgrading several key areas in our infrastructure to meet demand. If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity that will challenge you and help define purpose for more than 200 teammates – then Cydecor is the company for you. Join our family!
Cydecor is driven to be the most exciting and rewarding professional services company by providing mission-critical program support and solutions that exceed customer expectations. Cydecor is a growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business and is hiring a Combat Programs Program Analyst to support our PMS 340 contract in San Diego, CA.
- The Combat Programs Program Analyst develops plans, strategies, and programs designed to provide precision strike systems, weapons, ammunition, and visual augmentation support to the SOF operator across all mission areas and environments. Program analysis encompasses program management and coordination, resource and budget management, and requirements assessment.
- Coordinates with designated acquisition program offices, in-service engineering agents, and warfare centers to ensure all programs are executed within approved cost, performance, schedule, and risk parameters.
- Coordinates regular working groups and boards with portfolio stakeholders to solicit feedback and generate consensus on requirements, manage configuration changes, identify capability gaps and operational deficiencies.
- Coordinates across operations, training, strategy/plans, intelligence, logistics, legal, and contracting communities to ensure assigned capabilities are integrated across the range of functional competencies.
- Coordinates regular program reviews to continually assess and develop strategies to optimize resources and gain efficiencies within assigned capability areas.
- Identifies resource shortfalls, recommends reprogramming and realignment actions, and conducts unfunded requirement analysis to support risk-informed, fully supportable acquisition programs of record during execution year, budget year, and across the Future Years Defense Plan (FYDP).
- Supports the government program management team in making resource-constrained decisions concerning capabilities during execution year and POM builds by conducting trade-off analyses and risk assessments.
- Supports budget analysts in analyzing, developing, and submitting portfolio-specific documentation across all phases of the PPBE process, including obligation phasing plans, commodity purchase plans, RDT&E budget item justifications, procurement budget item justifications, and POM products.
- In conjunction with the government program manager, formulates future resourcing strategies for new initiatives and capabilities. Identifies opportunities for realignment or reprioritization within assigned programs. Recommends the most efficient method of resourcing assigned programs with a focus on reducing total lifecycle cost.
- Assists stakeholders in the identification, analysis, and refinement of capability gap documentation, both urgent and deliberate.
- In coordination with the designated testing agency and designated acquisition program managers, facilitates Test & Evaluation (T&E) events to demonstrate, evaluate, and integrate new material solutions into acquisition programs of record.
- In conjunction with the government program manager, engages with industry and continually analyzes the applicability of emerging technology to the force.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree (BA/BS) in a related field.
- At least six (6) years of direct support to the United States military or Department of Defense.
- At least four (4) years of work experience in requirements development, acquisition program management, force modernization, or DOD capability development.
- Prior United States military acquisition experience is strongly desired.
- Possess extensive knowledge in, awareness of, or experience in supporting: Defense Acquisition System (DAS), Joint Capability Integration and Development System (JCIDS), Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution System (PPBES), and DOD Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E).
- Possess the ability to author, review and adjudicate requirements and PPBE related documentation including Capability Development Documents (CDD), Capability Based Assessments (CBA), Program Objective Memorandum (POM) inputs, budgeting execution support materials, and contracting support materials.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Outlook, Word, Project, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage PSS/Weapons/Munitions/VAS programs using a portfolio approach, obtaining and prioritizing resources, and developing future capabilities.
- Detailed understanding of handguns, assault rifles, sniper rifles, personal defense weapons, machine guns, shoulder-launched, indirect fire, and precision strike weapons.
- Experience managing munitions portfolio is comprised of programs including but not limited to ammunition, explosives, breaching capabilities, and other armaments.
- ACTIVE DoD SECRET clearance is required.
- San Diego, CA
Cydecor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No