C4 Project Manager – Senior (Ft. Belvoir, VA) (TS/SCI req’d) – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on June 9, 2021
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
POC: Gerald Tryhane: Gerald.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send Resume with subject of: C4 Project Manager – Senior
Mayvin® is currently seeking an experienced C4 Project Manager – Senior to support a DoD client located in Ft. Belvoir, VA.
You must be a U.S. citizen to be considered for this position.
TS/SCI clearance is required
- Plans, performs, and manages system acquisition program management activities for a software intensive element of complex systems, i.e. acquisition and support; integration of engineering disciplines; quality, testing and evaluation; programmatic activities; procurement and production; initial material fielding; and logistics maintenance aspects that support the Command’s acquisition requirements.
- The technical complexity of the software program requires expertise and knowledge in the latest state of the art software programming and digital engineering in order to apply appropriate managerial principles
- Experience in the rapid acquisition of software intensive SOF systems is required
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a thorough understanding of software architecture, software acquisition, agile methodologies, system of systems integration, and organizational leadership
- Acquisitions may range from simple purchases of commercial items such as personal computers to projects of a more complex nature requiring market research, requirements definition, product development, and fielding, etc.
- Values of projects vary greatly, potentially from a few hundred-dollar purchases to multi-million dollar acquisitions. As well as the management of Inter-Agency and Inter-Service funding
- Responsibilities will be focused on specific customer requirements. The execution of the duties of those positions is guided by DoD Directive 5000.1, DoD Instruction 5000.2, DoD 5000.2-M, DoD Directive 8120.1, and DoD Instruction 8120.2 (references (a), (b), (s), (t), and (u)), or related issuances governing software acquisition programs in the DoD Components.
- Acquisitions may include any software, communications or IT-related products, including computers, enterprise networking hardware and software, satellite communications infrastructure, terrestrial communications hardware and software, ancillary equipment, software, telecommunications, and other related services.
- Identify requirements, write and/or review specifications, identify costs, identify resources (manpower, funding, and training), test, evaluate, plan, obtain, and manage life cycle support (operations, maintenance, and replacement).
- Plan, develop, acquire, and implement significant telecommunications systems and projects.
- Apply a broad technical knowledge of communications systems and equipment, engineering, planning, and operations to develop management planning for the acquisition/installation of these systems in accordance with standard criteria.
- Work with counterparts in industry and other military/federal agencies.
- Develop project schedules and reviews new or changing requirements, incorporating them into the overall approach and equipment selection of the projects.
- Manage the overall financial resources of the projects, makes suggestions for resource management, and resolve any relationship problems or conflicts that impede progress on a project.
- Manage all phases of assigned projects throughout their life cycles.
- Establishes and maintains program information notebooks and files as directed (Notebooks and files should contain but not be limited to, acquisition documents, technical instructions, schedules, contract, budget, PRs, Statements of Work (SOWs) and other relevant information
- Provides technical guidance and advisory assistance in the preparation of supporting acquisition documentation including a Statement of Objectives (SOOs), Statement of Work (SOW) requirements, procurement plans, program descriptions, technical specifications, and other required solicitation information
- Reviews Request for Proposal (RFP) packages for conformance with all aspects of relevant procurement regulations, prepares technical evaluations, and validates independent government cost estimates (IGCE)
- Provides technical assistance in vendor/acquisition contractor proposal evaluation, COTS/GOTS product analysis, source selection, acceptance testing, and performance monitoring against established benchmarks
- Develops metrics, tracks performance, periodically reports performance metrics, and makes and implements improvement recommendations
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university (Computer Science or Software Engineering Preferred, Advanced degree preferred but not required)
- Desired: Capable of achieving Level II Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Certification (Information Technology, Engineering, Program Management, Contracting, or S&T Management preferred)
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI required.
- This is a position that requires 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of software, communications concepts, information technology practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Experience in software, telecommunications and Military Communications field is highly desirable
· Expertise in SOCOM acquisition policies and processes, DoD 5000, JCIDS/SOFCIDS, and SOF-unique processes
- Shall possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and ability to work effectively with people at all levels.
- Shall possess ability to communicate complex issues, clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing to a range of stakeholders.
- Shall possess ability to work both individually and in a team environment.
- Shall be proficient in the use of MS software packages such as Word, Power Point, Project, Outlook, Excel and SharePoint.
- Experience in programmatic tracking of financial data, key deliverables, and milestones is highly desirable.
Mayvin is a dynamic women-owned business created out of a commitment to deliver unparalleled service to our clients. We are a global technical and knowledge-based services company supporting defense, and intelligence, and federal civilian government customers. We work across multiple domains including analysis, cyber, engineering, management, and integration of emerging technologies within the U.S. Government, associated Combatant Commands, Allies, and partners. Headquartered in the D.C. Metropolitan Area, Mayvin supports government clients in several states and OCONUS, and is comprised of former military and government civilian personnel. We create effective strategies for program design, execution, and sustainment while implementing action plans to meet our clients’ goals. Navigating the complex world of integrating technology into the modern battlefield requires knowledge. At Mayvin, we bring knowledge to you.
A “Mayvin” is a trusted expert in a particular field who seeks to pass knowledge on to others – a builder of networks, a communicator of knowledge.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary and benefits package, along with an award winning corporate culture and supportive team environment.
Mayvin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Mayvin is a current participant in E-Verify and conducts internal I-9 audits at least once per year.
M: (571) 319-3487
A women owned small business
This message contains information which may be privileged and confidential. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy, or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender immediately and delete it.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No