Biomedical Equipment Technician II (Williamsburg, VA) – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on June 18, 2021
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
Please contact me at Anne.Dodson@goldbelt.com
We are hiring a Biomedical Equipment Technician to support the Navy Expeditionary Medical Support Command (NEMSCOM), Cheatham Annex (CAX), Williamsburg, Virginia.
Essential Job Functions:
· The Biomedical Equipment Technician applies advanced technical knowledge to solve problems associated with biomedical and scientific equipment.
· Identifies damage, through visual inspection, to biomedical equipment and medical instruments.
· Identifies medical items received or downloaded so the items may be properly managed and/or transferred to receive maintenance, repairs, and calibration.
· Identifies medical equipment, medical kit components, and medical instruments for reconstituting medical repair kits, medical kits, surgical trays, and medical assemblages and outfitted shelters.
· Performs inspection, testing, and repair to biomedical and scientific equipment.
· The Biomedical Equipment Technician shall be on site during the normal working hours.
Necessary Skills and Knowledge:
· Possess knowledge of medical terminology and physiology.
· Possess basic knowledge of microprocessor and PC based equipment, with experience in software controlled data acquisition and processing.
· Excellent communications skills, both verbally and in writing
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Ability to speak, read, and understand English
· Familiar with the biomedical maintenance field and its concepts, practices, and procedures
· Possess training and certification in inspecting, testing, and repairing life-saving support equipment (i.e. equipment used to sustain and preserve life such as defibrillators, ventilators, anesthesia units, etc.).
· Possess the ability to pass a NACI background investigation and to acquire a CACard.
· 1 year of hands-on clinical equipment maintenance and preventive maintenance experience, including servicing of diagnostic imaging equipment and use of oscilloscopes, simulators, defibrillator analyzers etc.
· A.S. Biomedical Technology, Electronics Technology, or military equivalent such as Navy NEC 8410.
· A background check will be conducted.
· International Certification Commission (ICC) for Clinical Engineering and Biomedical Technology Certification (CBET) is recommended.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No