Army Account Manager, BD, DC Metro – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on October 14, 2020
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
Army Account Manager, BD, DC Metro $150-$220K
Client is seeking motivated individuals who are passionate about helping clients achieve excellence. Qualified candidates will have a creative, holistic, and systematic approach to problem-solving.
The Army Account Lead supports leadership, as an integral part of the business development team, and is responsible for winning new business through identifying, qualifying, selling, shaping, teaming, and solutioning for opportunities within the DoD, specifically focused on the Army. The Army Account Lead is responsible for growing corporate and customer relationships and achieving pipeline, sales, and opportunity targets. He or she is responsible for qualifying opportunities, establishing new clients, and selling corporate capabilities to her target customers. The Army Account Lead is expected to maintain an understanding of corporate offerings, market changes, and future requirements to remain ahead of the competitive landscape for delivering capabilities to current and future customers. The ideal candidate should have proven experience developing solutions, capturing opportunities, and leading business development efforts through the proposal/sales process.
Primary Interest/Focus areas/Current Clients:
OSD Acquisition & Sustainment
· OSD Research & Engineering
· Defense Innovation Board
· US Army, PEO Soldier
· US Army, PEO EIS
· Government Accountability Office
· General Services Administration
- Identify new opportunities in the Army market(s) and qualify opportunities based on company capabilities and strategic alignment.
- Research clients, competitors, solutions, and teaming partners to capture and win contracts in his or her target market(s).
- Use available market research tools to track opportunities and manage teaming.
- Document all business development activities, update and track the pipeline, and report regularly to corporate leadership.
- Apply knowledge of federal procurement regulations and knowledge of the business development and capture processes.
- Respond to Sources Sought, Requests for Information, and Requests for Proposals, as required, and ensure the appropriate resourcing, teaming, and solutioning strategies for each opportunity.
- Strengthen customer relationships in existing markets and establish relationships with new, potential clients; conduct outreach, office calls, and meetings to promote corporate capabilities and offerings.
- Support/perform delivery on awarded work and manage the Army project portfolio
- Develop short- and long-term strategies for growing business in target market(s).
- Create and complete capability matrices and identify critical gaps and teaming needs.
- Coordinate with leadership and subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop win strategies, including price to win, teaming, solutioning, and win themes.
- Identify, maintain, and track business relationships with industry partners.
- Understand customer budgets and mission needs.
- Attend conferences, trainings, and industry days.
- 7+ years successful sales and business development experience in the federal marketplace.
- 5+ years using formal business development, capture and proposal management processes.
- Intimate knowledge of the government and DoD contracting processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; technical writing and editing experience.
- Strong leadership, communication, and motivational skills; ability to create a positive and productive work environment.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work, and potentially manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to meet deadlines is essential.
- Attention to detail with strong facilitation and organizational skills.
- Proven ability working successfully in a collaborative and diverse environment.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, sometimes including evenings and weekends, to meet proposal schedules.
- Ability to interface and negotiate with senior executives.
Tools and Proficiency Level:
- Excellent Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) skills.
- Familiarity with third party business development tools is a plus.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
Lucy Jensen | Military – Civilian
(310) 455-2002 | email@example.com
“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No