Posted by email@example.com on October 16, 2020
To apply to this job, click here.
The Analyst reports to and receives work direction derivatives from the Project Manager. The Analyst will perform the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gathers, interprets, and uses complex data to develop methods to improve processes and optimize results.
- Conduct analysis, develop reports, recommend actions or updates to campaign orders, Operation Plans (OPLAN)/Concept of Operations Plans (CONPLANs), execution orders, plans and policy for MARFORPAC and associated documents for the U.S. Pacific Command (PACOM) AOR.
- Analyze OPLANs and provide recommendations regarding conventional force; employment, survivability and lethality-enhancing concepts, capabilities, technologies, and solutions.
- Conduct analysis of strategic and long-range plans and operational concepts regarding the operation, expansion, re-engineering, and transformation of missions and develop analytical reports that offer recommendations to improve plans and concepts.
- Conduct analysis of contingency planning efforts associated with C2 platforms and capabilities within conventional and joint force missions.
- Provide analysis of OPLAN-specific issues for existing and future system employment requirements.
- Conduct research and analysis and support Information Operations planning into the USINDOPACOM Information Operations process to protect U.S. national interests.
- Provide analysis and scientific/technical expertise in order to evaluate current operations plans and make recommendations regarding the strategy to mitigate risks in accordance with operational performance metrics and gap analysis.
- Research, analyze, and assess operational effects of the OIE program. Provide analysis and scientific/technical expertise in order to evaluate current operations plans and make recommendations regarding the strategy to mitigate risks and in accordance with operational performance metrics and gap analysis.
- Conduct scheduled in-progress reviews and confirmation briefs; prepare and deliver associated meeting minutes.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Six (6) to twelve (12) years of experience and a BA/BS is required, MA/MS degree preferred.
- Attended Professional Military Education appropriate to rank at time of separation or retirement from the uniformed service.
- Experience on a 3 Star or 4 Star staff is desired.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communications and presentation skills.
- Have a working knowledge of the Marine Corps and Joint Planning Process.
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- Proficient in computer applications such as Windows and MS Office.
- Expected to perform independently and exercise good judgment.
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
- Qualification as an authorized company driver is required.
- All authorized company drivers must have a valid driver’s license, current automobile insurance, and a driving record that is acceptable to the company’s auto insurance provider.
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance.
- 15-25% travel expected.
- Position expected to begin on or about 1 Dec 2020.
- Location: Camp H M Smith, Camp H M Smith, HI 93861, United States
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No