Test Engineer, Senior
Posted by PatricioEnterprisesLLC on September 11, 2019
To apply to this job, click here.
POSITION: Test Engineer, Senior
LOCATION: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
TRAVEL: Up to 35%
CLEARANCE: Active Top Secret w/Sensitive Compartmented Information Eligibility (TS/SCI)
BENEFITS: 401k, Life/Health/Dental/Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Tuition Reimbursement
DESCRIPTION: Patricio Enterprises (PE) is seeking a Test Engineer to support the Project Manager Sensors-Aerial Intelligence, Product Manager (PdM) Electro-Optical / Infrared (EO/IR) Payloads and PdM Sensors Unmanned and Rotary Wing (SURW). These product offices develop, field, and sustain persistent surveillance systems that enhance intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance, and target acquisition capabilities. The Test Engineer supports testing and test planning of systems across the full range of the DoD acquisition life cycle.
Primary duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Provide subject matter expertise and technical support for proof of concept, developmental testing, laboratory testing, operational testing, factory testing, field testing, and acceptance testing.
- Gather documentation to support field exercises and coordinate with test ranges and support activities.
- Participate in the development, maintenance and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs.
- Develop test strategies and implement technical test plans.
- Review test plans for accuracy and appropriate coverage of operational requirements, and support and/or witness test and provide appropriate technical support.
- Ensure Key Performance Parameters (KPPs) are addressed and assess the performance of the systems by developing Measures of Performance (MOPs) and Measures of Effectiveness (MOEs) that are used for traceability to ensure specified thresholds stipulated in the requirements documents are met.
- Draft Test and Evaluation Master Plans (TEMPs), conduct Test Readiness Review (TRR) briefs, request cost estimates, schedule tests, and deal with budget issues that pertain to the systems being tested.
- Participate in Program Management Reviews (PMRs) and systems engineering technical reviews.
- Monitor and coordinate with the Army Test and Evaluation Command (ATEC) and Aviation Engineering Directorate (AED) on plans for testing and airworthiness assessment.
- Ensure that deficiencies found during testing are documented and reported to find resolution to mitigate risks.
- Define, assess, and correct technical and/or operational problems experienced at test sites, field operational sites, and or various CONUS/OCONUS military installations. Support can include legacy system support, newly developed system support, and systems under spiral development. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.).
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Top Secret security clearance required with the ability for SCI.
- Bachelor’s degree – Degree may be systems, electrical, industrial, or mechanical engineering or related field.
- A minimum of ten (10) years related work experience is required, including experience working with ATEC and its subordinate agencies.
- Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in the test and evaluation discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines within engineering.
- DAU Level 2 certification (or equivalent) in Test and Evaluation or Engineering desired. Level 3 preferred.
- Ability to convey orally and/or in writing engineering recommendations and proposed solutions to Government senior leaders.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of optical, electro-mechanical, electronic, and software systems and their application in complex Department of Defense (DoD) systems in an operational environment.
EOE. Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Patricio Enterprises Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, Aberdeen Proving Ground , MD ,
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No