Telecommunications Network Engineer
Posted by Kris Hoegel on April 20, 2017
To apply to this job, click here.
Robbins Gioia, LLC is searching for today’s top talent.
- Do you enjoy helping people achieve success?
- Have you ever wanted to be part of an organization that makes a difference in the government or people’s lives?
- Do you have the ability to work independently, but also enjoy being in a collaborative team environment?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then consider joining the Robbins Gioia team.
Robbins Gioia (RG) is a professional services company that thrives on the power of choice. We take great care in choosing our markets, our business partners, and most importantly, choosing the people we invite to join our team.
Founded in 1980, RG has a rich history of helping our clients achieve their mission-critical business goals. We have dedicated professionals that have become experts in their field implementing innovative, customized solutions. In addition to supporting clients, RG invests in its people to foster a collaborative environment where we can learn and grow from each other’s experiences.
Through the power of choice, our employees can shape their careers to become successful Subject Matter Experts and leaders. Through the power of choice, our clients choose us based on our independent perspective, proven methodologies, and time-tested tools. Through the power of choice, we are empowered to be the greatest service company in our chosen markets.
Currently, RG is looking to hire a Telecommunications Network Engineer to support our DLA customer at varying locations throughout the US. This role will be critical in supporting our customer’s overarching mission of providing operations support for DLA NTS on mission critical Telecommunications issues.
A Day In the Life:
To help make our customer successful, the chosen candidate can expect to be involved with or responsible for:
- Troubleshooting, administering, configuring and maintaining the following Enterasys, Brocade, and/or Cisco Catalyst and Nexus network hardware and software:
- INFOBLOX Grid Manager
- Pulse Secure IC Series Unified Access Control Appliance
- Great Bay Beacon Server
- Cisco Access Control Servers (ACS)
- Cisco Prime, Wireless Controllers and access points
- Network sniffer technologies, including WildPackets, OmniPeek, NetScout InfiniStream
- Network Management Software, including HPE Network Automation (NA), HPE Network Node Manager (NMNi), Concord eHealth, RedSeal, NetSight, Wildpackets, Solarwinds/Orion, SecureCRT
- Providing telecommunications network design and management support with an ability to work independently, or under only general direction, on requirements that are moderately complex to analyze, plan, program, and implement
- Providing analysis and design of voice networks, LAN and WAN data networks, wireless networks, and/or network management systems to support voice and data services
- Analyzing and developing telecommunications networks supporting a wide range of capabilities, including voice, data, video, and/or wireless services
- Developing designs and plans for installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems from project inception to conclusion
- Analyzing the problem and the characteristics of the information to be transported
- Defining the problem and developing system requirements and network specifications
- Closely coordinating with other information system professionals to ensure proper implementation of network services
- In conjunction with functional users, developing alternative solutions and backup plans
How You Can Make A Difference:
This role plays an important and vital part in mission success. The ideal candidate will be in a position to impact day to day networking for DLA operations.
A Consultant is an exempt customer-facing business professional that provides a variety of information directly to customers for their ongoing programs, new initiatives, strategic planning, and measurement/evaluation in one or more of RG’s solutions. They possess excellent customer service skills, remain current on industry trends, value team work, and have a wide range of interpersonal skills.
Core Job Requirements:
To be successful in this role, all candidates must meet the below qualifications to be considered.
- 5+ years of telecommunications experience
- 3+ years of local area network experience
- DOD 8570 IAT-II Certification
- Secret security clearance
- Ability to travel extensively to multiple client locations located throughout CA, WA, & MI
Bring the WOW Factor:
In addition to our core requirements that are an absolute must for this role, we want to highlight some of the qualifications that we consider to “Bring the WOW Factor”. Below are some of those “WOW Factors” that we would love to have, but that are not considered hard requirements to do the job.
- BA/BS Degree
Physical Requirements & Disclaimer:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required, only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Robbins Gioia is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor
More About RG:
Robbins Gioia is committed to being an employer of choice and a step above the competition. As part of that commitment, RG focuses on employee engagement, career development and our employee’s physical, mental and financial well-being.
- Competitive salaries & bonus incentive program
- Paid Time Off (starting with 15 days your first year)
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Flexible work schedules (Requires customer approval)
- Generous health and wellness benefits
- Traditional 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with company match
- Company paid life and disability insurance
Career Development Tools & Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Competency Based Career Track
- Annual Performance & Career Development Discussions
- Leadership Development Programs
- Mentoring & Coaching
- Internal & External Training Curriculum
How RG Gives Back (Corporate Social Responsibility)
RG not only has a responsibility to ensure our customers are successful, but to also make a positive impact in the communities that we live and work in. In addition to encouraging our employees to be active within their community, RG leads by example. We infuse the Heart of RG into our chosen charitable organizations with the greatest level of support we can provide.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: Yes