Systems Engineer II
Posted by Elaine Villegas on October 12, 2017
To apply to this job, click here.
The Systems Engineer responsibilities include: The C2 Systems Engineer will work with the Skylla Sr Engineer support and Government Lead Engineer by performing technical planning and analysis of system requirements, integration, and documentation to ensure solutions provide the required capabilities while managing program cost and risk:
- Support the development, revision, and update of systems engineering documents such as Information Support Plan, Systems Engineering Plan, Test and Evaluation Plan, Program Protection Plan (PPP) and systems performance specifications
- Coordinate and support Engineering Integrated Product Teams and develop meeting minutes as required. Support IPT functions and reporting.
- Support coordination and development of Systems Engineering Technical Reviews (SETR).
- Assist in conducting Physical Configuration Audits (PCA) and Functional Configuration Audits (FCA).
- Assist with analyses in concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Assist in the logical and systematic analysis of operational requirements and the conversion of requirements into hardware and software system requirements/specifications.
- Performs analysis of baselines (allocated, functional, and product) to support detailed trade studies, systems performance analysis, and reviews technical drawing packages for accuracy.
- Assist with design, development, testing and rollout process development.
- Plan and perform technical duties on new and varied system design and development problems where only general objectives are stated.
- Assist with transforming customer requirements into executable and operational product.
- Assist in identifying, assessing, and documenting technical risks.
- Assist in providing engineering input to the Program Integrated Master Schedules.
- Provide engineering input to program briefs.
- Support the development of Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs)
Skylla Engineering Ltd is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Background Check Required
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Understanding of basic system engineering management processes and experience in system engineering practices
- Ability to work in a face paced environment.
- Excellent customer facing and internal communications skills
- Effective writing skills
- Excellent MS Office skills to include, but not limited to MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Excellent analytical skills
Desired but not required:
- Experience working in a Marine Corps Systems Command Program Office or similar organization
- Excellent technical communications skills, and understanding of the Marine Corps mission.
- Competent in the configuration/use and installation of LAN/WAN hardware and software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Systems, or Electrical Engineering.
- 2-3 years of systems engineering experience, preferably in a MCSC program office, and familiarity with MAGTF C2 programs
- Ability to assist in development and preparation of systems engineering documents.
- Location: , STAFFORD, VA 22554, United States
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No