ECS Federal is HIRING a Systems Engineer
Posted by Joseph Cross - ECS Federal on August 14, 2019
To apply to this job, click here.
ECS is seeking a Systems Engineer I to work in our Kearneysville, WV office.
The PaaS OS STIG Systems Engineer will work as a member of the PaaS Engineering Team. He/She will work with the PaaS Engineering team to automate the STIG remediation for Windows Server and Linux server operating systems.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Developing/Automating Windows and Linux server operating system STIG settings.
o Bash/Zsh (Linux)
o PowerShell (Windows)
- Automate STIG remediation into provisioning process for Windows and Linux server operating system servers, including interconnectivity with various technical automation products.
- Automate the deployment of STIG remediation to existing Windows and Linux server operating system servers across multiple sites.
- Update/automate OS STIG reporting
- Create customized OS STIG checks for reporting
- Perform DISA STIG analysis across various USCG Server platforms
- Test STIG automation updates against various USCG server platforms and applications
- Troubleshoot application compatibility with various OS STIG requirements, and resolve those incompatibilities with technical fixes where possible.
- Work with applications to research and remediate OS STIG incompatibility issues and support those applications with the OSC CCB requirements and process.
- Providing technical input for policies and procedures, and maintaining accurate documentation on those policies/procedures.
- Adhering to Change/Configuration Management procedures and policies.
- Properly estimating work efforts and technical challenges (scoping projects).
- Research and investigate problems, diagnose and provide resolution or viable solutions for hardware and software issues; appropriately escalating and reporting recommendations clearly and effectively to management and team.
CompTia Security +
This position requires applicants to successfully complete the security application process with the intent of completing a government granted background investigation and receive a favorable Tier 1 prior to starting
- Must be a US Citizen and must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Associate’s Degree or higher; sufficient technical experience and/or current IT certification may be demonstrated to substitute for formal education
- 1-5 years of IT engineering experience supporting projects and systems of similar size, scope and technical complexity to those supported under this contract.
- Bash/Zsh (Linux)
- PowerShell (Windows)
- Strong verbal, written, organizational and documentation skills
- Ability to provide accurate and realistic effort estimates, commit and deliver accordingly
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills; creative thinking
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with occasional non-business hours (evenings and weekends) flexibility and able to prioritize and juggle multiple projects
- Ability to work productively in a team environment and participate as a positive and cooperative team member
- DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Microsoft Group Policy
- BladeLogic Server Automation
ECS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS also maintains a drug-free workplace.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No