System Networking Engineer – MCLOG
Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on March 8, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
The System/Networking Engineer reports to and receives work direction derivatives from the Project Manager. The System/Networking Engineer will perform the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for managing individuals involved in the activities of developing, designing, installing, operating and maintaining networking solutions within a Cisco AVVID (Architecture for Voice, Video and Integrated Data) environment.
- Installs, operates and maintains local area networks (LAN) at designated MCLOG training venues necessary to conduct simulation based training.
- Directly oversees configuration of wide area networks (WAN) required to interface with the event LAN and supporting simulations systems.
- Locates, identifies, and resolves causes for network failures, conducts pre-event testing and evaluation in order to optimize network performance.
- Must be capable of system development/planning and administration in an HP/UNIX, Linux, Cisco, and NT/Win2000 computer operating, network environment.
- Participates in the design and maintenance of telecommunications systems.
- Handles COMSEC keying material for encryption devices and keys those devices.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
- Educational background and experience in information technology and computer science.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) (preferred).
- Applicable network certifications required.
- Minimum three years of experience in DOD computer network administration.
- Network Engineering Experience.
- At least six years of experience in a professional IT-related role.
- At least six to eight years of related work experience in IT, which should include successful experience of leading or managing a team of technical resources.
- Documented experience of Cisco routing, multi-layer switching and Cisco voice telephony.
- Experience with integration of government purchased simulation support hardware/software at government training sites, Internetworking with TCP/IP and Cisco routers, distributed simulation protocols/communication technologies during remote location operations.
- Have experience in UNIX, Linux, Microsoft Operating Systems, and principles of database installation, configuration and operation.
- Must have experience with TCP/IP, Ethernet (IEEE 802.3), 10base2, 10baseT and other similar protocols.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledgeable of distributed simulation protocols/communication technologies in support of remote operations conducted at various selected sites.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English. Able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Proficient in computer applications such as Windows and MS Office
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle)
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance
- Requires 0% – 5% travel
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No