System Administrator (Pensacola FL)(TS/SCI req’d) – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on January 2, 2018
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
All levels of System Administrator will have the skills listed below. Each level may have additional education, skill and/or experience requirements.
The System Administrator provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc. Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process. Configures and manages UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance. Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network design. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network. Supports and provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
Required skills include:
- Active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) security clearance required.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following shell and scripting languages: Bourne, C, Krone, Bash, Perl, Batch, VBScript, etc.
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: Windows, Solaris, AIX, Red Hat, IRIX, Linux or UNIX.
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with trouble-ticket or other tracking system.
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: networking protocols and applications (e.g., DNS, TCP/IP stack, sockets, console, license, NFS, SAMBA, and back-up, SAN and mail servers).
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Perform regular maintenance and troubleshooting on system.
- Maintain the integrity and security of IT system.
- Prepare and maintain system documentation and process documentation.
- Interact with users
- Adhere to policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Develop and implement system testing strategies and document results.
- Provide advice and training to end-users.
- Provide remote access capability for users using approved secure access methods.
- Provide software upgrade plans for Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) and Government Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) software to the Change Management process.
- Conduct testing using approved testing procedures for all new staged hardware/software (GFE), as well as components that have been updated, received patches, and/or have been repaired.
- Establish and maintain user accounts, passwords, etc.
- Support shift work, as required.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No