Student Business Services Manager
Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on April 20, 2017
To apply to this job, click here.
Another Source’s client, California State University Channel Islands (CI), is recruiting a Student Business Services Manager to join their team.
Work here. Flourish here. CI is a great place to work. We’re not the only ones who think so. The Chronicle of Higher Education regularly names CI one of the best universities in the country to work for. Even more important: CI joins just 42 institutions named to The Chronicle’s Honor Roll.
Imagine a big family—one that’s warm, welcoming, smart, and fun. That’s CI, a four-year, public university in Camarillo, California. Established in 2002, we’re the youngest of 23 campuses in the CSU family.
While our name suggests we’re surrounded by water, relax. You won’t need a ferry to get here. Camarillo is midway between Santa Barbara and Los Angeles and just 25 miles from Malibu. CI is nestled against the foothills of the Santa Monica Mountains—and is close to the Pacific Ocean and the Pacific Coast Highway.
Under the general direction of the Assistant Vice President for Business & Financial Affairs/Controller, the Student Business Services Manager provides administrative and functional management/leadership for day-to-day operations for Student Business Services. This position may also provide supervision to Fiscal Services Staff, as required.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- * Leadership/Management -Acts as a change champion. Builds competence in others through effective coaching, performance management and mentoring. Provides clear direction.
- * Leads courageously by addressing difficult issues. Supports and moves new initiatives forward.
- * Facilitates an environment that motivates, empowers and inspires commitment from employees.
- * Demonstrates commitment to creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- * Creates and implements methods for improving individual and team performance. Builds an effective team committed to organizational goals.
- * Fosters collaboration.
- * Creates an environment in which employees are recognized for the accomplishments and contributions to the success of the team.
- * Supports and encourages professional and career development for employees. Understands the university’s mission and vision and how Business and Financial Affairs’ work activities and goals support the mission of the Division and University.
- * Identifies current and future challenges and proposes/implements effective solutions. Determines, effectively allocates, and coordinates resources. Recommends, creates and implements long and short term strategic plan goals and operational plans for Student Business Services and ensures those goals align with and support the overall mission of the Division and University.
- * Recognizes the importance of collective strength, knowledge and information.
- * Builds effective, strategic alliances. Initiates and develops strong working relationships.
- * Using a collaborative leadership style to gain support and influence commitment, develops and implements solutions to a variety of issues.
- * Functional Oversight/Management – Provides oversight, direction and effectively manages day to day activities/transactions.
- * Ensures financial transactions are recorded in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- * Ensures compliance with Federal laws, State of California laws and regulations and California State University Policies and Procedures.
- * Responsible for planning, development and implementation of complex short and long term projects.
- * Responsible for the administration and analysis of student accounts receivable, collections, refunds, cash handling and student financials module.
SUPERVISOR/OTHER WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
- * Position reports to the Assistant Vice President for Business & Financial Affairs/Controller who will review work for soundness of judgment, accuracy and results achieved.
- * Responsible for supervising staff in Student Business Services (currently an Acct Tech I, Acct Tech II, Acct Tech III (2 positions) and Collections Representative I).
- * This position may provide supervision to Fiscal Services Staff, as required.
- * Interacts effectively with management, faculty, staff, students, community members and representatives of state agencies.
REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION:
- * Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration plus at least five years of progressively responsible business management or administration experience which includes professional accounting in addition to a minimum of 4 years managing the work of others.
- * Work experience in an academic setting, ideally Public Higher Education.
- * Knowledge of Federal and State Student Financial Aid programs.
- * PeopleSoft Finance and Student Finance.
- * Work in a collective bargaining environment.
- * Leadership/Mission: Demonstrate commitment to Cl’s mission and goals as a student-centered University.
- * Ability to establish a clear and understandable vision for Student Business Services.
- * Ability to lead and enable groups of people to face challenges and achieve results in complex conditions.
- * A demonstrated commitment to inclusiveness and accessing all areas of the University. Management: Successfully managing staff in a complex organization.
- * Experience building and managing an effective team dedicated to organizational goals and high performance.
- * Experience with directing, supervising, motivating, and inspiring others; measuring the performance of people and assessing performance and progress.
- * Ability to lead courageously by addressing difficult issues.
- * Ability to initiate and support innovation with creativity, openness to change, flexibility, responsiveness, and future focus.
- * Experience making effective decisions and sound analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus.
- * Communication: Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- * Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences.
- * Successful negotiation and persuasion skills.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process.
Keywords: Student Accounts, Student Accounts Manager, Student Accounts Supervisor, Tuition, Bursar, Accounts Receivable Manager, Accountant, Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor, Student Financial Services, Student Financial Aid, Registrar Accounting Officer
To be considered for this position, please apply directly on CSUCI’s career site. The position is on CSUCI’s site under the title “Manager, Student Business Services.”
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/tgqzjn7tfc6kdm92
- Location: , Camarillo, California , United States
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No