STS Seeking to hire recently separated medics/Corpsman and Military Nurses to do medical simulation at Navy Hospitals in Okinawa, NTTC Los Angeles, San Diego NH, and Camp Pendleton NH – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on November 8, 2018
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
Great opportunity on our existing MMAST (Medical Modeling and Simulation Training) contract in support of the Navy and Airforce. I have multiple openings in LA, San Diego, Oki and MCB Camp Pendleton.
The Simulation Training Operations Technician will work out of various medical facilities to facilitate medical simulation training and shall be responsible for operating part-task trainers, mannequin-based simulators, and surgical simulators. Contribute to the design, development, testing, and implementation of training materials and scenarios. At sites with an assigned Simulation Program Manager, when absent, collaborate with the program PMO on what admin duties to temporarily assume. At locations with any aspect of the AF Air Mobility Command (AMC) En-Route Care (ERC) system the individual will incorporate operational variables impacting simulated medical care experiences
Minimum requirements for all roles are an active DoD secret clearance
For Medical Modeling simulation operators:
Five (5) years of experience in the medical or military medical field as a Corpsman, Medic, PJ etc. or 3 years state or local experience with the operation of patient simulation equipment.
• Associates degree or technical certification in a computer technology field (e.g. hardware, networking, helpdesk, etc.) Certification as a Simulation Operator (CHSOS) through the Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH) is highly desirable.
• Expertise with a variety of medical simulation platforms (i.e. CAE, Laerdal, Gaumard, KGS, SynDaver / SynTissue, MOES).
• For individuals at AF AMC/ERC locations extensive knowledge on military air evacuations and in flight human physiology is preferred.
For Nurse Curriculum Director (RN Educator):
Experienced Curriculum Director (RN Educator) to work out of San Diego, California, to plan, organize, and direct education and training efforts related to the development and execution of training scenarios and curriculum in support of the program and AF AMC En Route Care system. This work will support service-wide medical simulation activities, based upon the premises of quality service, coordination, and execution. On a case-by-case basis, the individual must be an RN Educator.
• Three (3) to five (5) years of previous DoD Military Officer Nurse Corps, Navy, Army, AF etc. and records administration experience.
• Three (3) to five (5) years of experience developing blended curricula for simulation-based medical training.
• Competence in blended learning environments that span the full spectrum of human patient simulators, online courseware, virtual patients, computer-based and mobile-based serious medical games, standardized patients, virtual environments, task trainers in support of a blended training environment. Competence may be demonstrated with a portfolio of projects personally-developed to include the applicant’s role in each project.
• Four (4) or more years of military medical experience preferred.
• Involvement in professional organizations related to medical simulation and skills lab application in curricula.
• Bachelor’s degree in education, medical field, organization development or related. On a case-by-case basis, the qualifying degree must include Registration as a Registered Nurse
• Master’s Degree in industrial or organizational psychology, education, medical, or related discipline is desired.
• Nine (9) semester hours or more of undergraduate or graduate-level training in learning theory, curriculum development, and feedback collection methodologies; or must obtain within first year of hire. Experience may be substituted on a case by case basis.
• Training or certification in learning theory and curriculum development or must obtain within first year of hire. Experience may be substituted on a case by case basis. Certification as a Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) through the Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH) highly desirable.
• Training in varying methods of courseware/curriculum development projects and feedback collection methodologies.
Alex Horti – MBA, HRM, CRS
Sr. Recruiting Manager
STS International, Inc
1225 S. Clark St. Suite 1300 | Arlington, VA 22202
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No