STS is Seeking to hire Electronic Technicians and Diesel engine mechanics for Bagram Afghanistan – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on October 11, 2018
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
STS International is seeking experienced Field Service Representatives to work in the Bagram Afghanistan and other locations in the Middle-East to support the installation, maintenance, and repair systems GT’s, Surveillance Systems and Physical Security Equipment Engines and generators. Preferably looking for recently separated veteran Electronic Technicians from the military, Diesel/Generator mechanics and avionic technicians.
*POSITION ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES *
· Focus will be on providing maintenance and operational support of numerous complex security and inspection systems.
· Coordinate and conduct installation, inspection, troubleshooting, maintenance, field repair, and life cycle sustainment of systems
· Travel extensively throughout Afghanistan and/or other overseas locations to provide field maintenance, inspection, troubleshooting and repair expertise to ensure continuous system operations.
· Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
· Uses tools and equipment properly and with ultimate concern for personal safety and safety of others.
· Verbal and written communications must be timely and of consistently high quality in content, style, and clarity.
· May perform other duties as assigned.
*MINIMUM/GENERAL EXPERIENCE *
· Candidates must have at least 18 Months of OCONUS experience in installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and training users in or like equipment to include electrical, optical, mechanical, software, and video and wireless communication systems.
· At least 5 years total experience installing, maintaining, repairing and or training of security and/or inspection systems or like equipment. 3 years if the candidate possesses an Associate’s degree.
· If no GT experience candidates must be savvy on Information Technology systems, Computers, various software with skills in reading schematics, Gentech and able to complete required IT training.
· Active DoD Secret Clearance
* Additional Candidate Requirements*:
· Candidates must be willing to work and travel extensively in Afghanistan and/or other overseas locations and live in austere conditions for up to one year with a possibility of extension.
· Danger, stress, physical hardships and possible field living conditions associated with this position are possible within a field camp complex.
· Willing to work a 12 hour shift, 7 days a week for extended periods.
· Ability to pass a health and welfare screening and meet requirements as stated in FM 3-100.21, “Contractors on the Battlefield.”
· Possess a current United States passport.
· Ability to cope with shared cafeteria, bath and sleeping quarters.
· Possess a valid US driver’s license in good standing
· Ability to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
· Ability to do physically demanding work including lifting and climbing in rigorous environments (including extreme heat and desert climates).
Please share with anyone who would benefit from these opportunities. Semper Fi!
Alex Horti – MBA, HRM, CRS
Sr. Recruiting Manager
STS International, Inc
1225 S. Clark St. Suite 1300 | Arlington, VA 22202
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No