STEM Teacher – Transition from industry to teaching
Posted by Bethany Orozco on February 6, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
New year, new career:
Will 2018 be the year you discover a rewarding and meaningful opportunity to share your professional experience? Inspire the next generation of innovators by exploring teaching as a second career.
The EnCorps STEM Teaching Fellowship is a rigorous on-ramp and exploration of a teaching career — offering you the field experience, knowledge and connections to ensure you thrive. As a professional coming from STEM industry, you are uniquely positioned to inspire and engage students who need you most – those in our country’s most disadvantaged schools. Change a student’s view of the STEM subjects and life prospects by teaching and mentoring. EnCorps is looking for passionate and driven science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) industry professionals who want to make a difference in urban education with the following eligibility criteria:
- Three or more years of science, technology, engineering or math industry or research experience
- Do not currently hold a California single subject teaching credential
- Possess at least a bachelor’s degree with a 2.50 GPA or higher
- Currently live in an area we serve (Greater San Francisco Bay Area, Greater Sacramento Area, Greater Los Angeles Area, Orange County, San Diego)
- Fully eligible to work in the United States (US Citizen, Permanent Resident, Work Visa)
- **You do NOT need prior experience in education.**
Apply to the EnCorps Fellowship! http://encorps.org/apply
- Immediate field experience working with high need students as a tutor and/or guest teacher
- Mentorship from EnCorps staff and an experienced host teacher
- Exam support and credentialing guidance (including counseling on paying for your credential)
- Robust slate of professional development
- Collaborative cohort of peers to share ideas, support and best practices
- Opportunity to work in and network with a variety of public schools
“One of my passions in life is to see people live up to their potential. I have such fun watching my students grow and accomplish what I know they can do.” -EnCorps Fellow LaTeira Haynes
Find Out More!
Visit our website, check out our next informational webinar, read answers to applicant FAQs, or reach out to Bethany Orozco, Southern California Recruitment Director, at email@example.com.
- Location: Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90250, United States
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: Yes