Sr. Development Director in Seattle WA – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on December 6, 2017
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
Requisition ID 116043 - Posted 11/30/2017 - Regular - EA Mobile – PopCap - Development Director - Seattle - Washington - United States - Americas
At Electronic Arts, players come first. We’re always looking for the most talented and relentless game developers to join us on our mission to bring the best games in the world to market. Mobile games are growing at an explosive rate and are vital to our future success. Our mobile organization is growing to meet this challenge – with studios around the planet and a portfolio of blockbuster titles like Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, The Simpsons: Tapped Out, FIFA, Madden, NBA, Real Racing, SimCity, The Sims, and Plants vs. Zombies.
We are currently looking for an experienced Sr. Development Director to join our PopCap studio in Seattle, Washington. Our iconic portfolio of IP includes Plants vs. Zombies, Bejeweled, and many more – come join in making our next hit!
As the Sr. Development Director, you own development execution for our highest priority new product and you will lead the team of development directors/managers supporting our portfolio of games. This is a key leadership role that involves a high level of interaction with studio leadership and staff, product leadership, and development partners. You are the project management expert for the studio. The Sr. Development Director focuses on execution, strategic outcomes, managing around future challenges and making things work (or work better).
· Provide strong leadership to your project and the Development Director discipline; inspire and motivate teams through personal example, enthusiasm, and dedication.
· Build an effective partnership with your product leadership team, establish trust and credibility with studio leadership and EA development partners.
· Help drive a development culture of healthy accountability, maximizing potential, and pride in accomplishments
· Strengthen the Development Director discipline for the studio through hiring, training, coaching, and mentoring
· Responsible for the full operational aspects of game development, including establishing development framework, reporting, risk management, capacity planning, resource management and budget.
· Ensure the team has the best organizational structure, processes and practices that allow them to produce high quality work efficiently, on time, and on budget.
· Develop, maintain and publish project KPI’s that track project quality, delivery and predictability.
· Establish regular communication with the team and key stakeholders to provide project status updates.
· Identify and manage operational risk.
· Drive efficiencies and new ways of thinking with a goal of reducing waste and increasing predictability.
· Coordinate with supporting organizations such as Finance, Central Technology, QA, Recruiting, IT and Legal.
· Identify, assign, and track development and operational issues to completion.
· Validate project plans for each of the studio’s teams, including scope, schedule, dependencies, and risk.
· Identify best practices and set clear standards for studio development processes, including effective implementation of agile methods.
· Drive process improvement across the studio.
· 10+ years of development experience in the software industry
· 6+ years of operations and leadership experience, strong people management skills
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field
· Experience leading teams with annual revenue targets of $50MM+, coupled with the ability to manage multiple projects of varying scope or points in life-cycle (e.g. concept, production, launch and/or live services).
· Mastery of project management (including Agile methodologies)
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Effective communication and presentation skills; able to influence outcomes across all levels of contributors, whether within PopCap or the EA Mobile organization.
· Sound decision-making based on both data analysis and judgement
· Strong negotiation, change management, and conflict resolution skills
· High degree of initiative, takes opportunities to make improvements
· Ownership mentality: responsible, invested in outcomes
· Game development experience (especially full cycle on shipped titles)
· Experience in mobile app development or managing online live services
· Previous Development Director experience at EA or in similar roles in other companies
· Project management certifications, especially a PMP
· Master’s degree in a related field, especially an MBA
· Experience managing remote development
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
EA PopCap resides in one of the hippest neighborhoods of Seattle: Belltown. Here, employees enjoy beautiful views of the Olympic Mountains and Puget Sound every day. When we’re not at work, we’re immersing ourselves in Seattle’s fantastic music scene, world-class restaurants and outdoor activities galore. PopCap truly embodies the culture of the Pacific Northwest.
More on our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/seattle
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No