Special Security Representative II; MIT Lincoln Laboratory, Lexington, MA
Posted by David Gentes on March 13, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center operated by MIT for the Department of Defense and other government agencies. The organization has received Superior Security Ratings for 10 consecutive years and is known as a leader in technology and security. Employees receive a generous benefits program including exceptional retirement and time off policies. Relocation assistance is provided.
Will perform in the role of Contract Program Security Officer (CPSO) responsible to provide daily security management oversight for multiple Laboratory programs with overall responsibility for physical security, communications security, personnel security, information security, operational security and security education as they apply to these programs, facilities and supporting personnel. Must be able to work complex special security related problems and issues and interact regularly with program and Laboratory management as well as the related Government program office(s). Will help to determine impact of new security regulations, requirements, and policy and implement as necessary. Will provide security guidance in the design and construction of secure facilities, including the review and revision of construction plans and specifications and all coordination with the cognizant government agency. Will supervise and direct multiple security personnel and coordinate various projects and taskings as directed by Security Services Department management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Industrial Security, or related field preferred with a minimum of 2 years of security administration and management experience required
• Candidates must possess in-depth knowledge and demonstrated experience in the NISPOM, the Joint Air Force, Army, Navy (JAFAN), DCID(s) and ICD(s)
• Thorough understanding of personal computer systems and networks as well as the associated policies and procedures is also required
• Solid working knowledge of business software such as Excel, SIMS, PowerPoint and Word is required
• Excellent problem solving skills required
• Demonstrated capabilities in presenting ideas written and orally within a cross-functional environment required
• Past experience as leader of committees or working groups and membership in regional and national professional organizations is desired
• Must be able to respond to off-hour emergencies as necessary
• Position will require local and some extended overnight travel
• Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
• Ability to obtain and maintain a government (DoD) security clearance required
- Location: Hanscom Air Force Base, Lexington, MA 02420, US
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: Yes