Special Programs Team Lead (SSR IV); MIT Lincoln Laboratory; Lexington, MA
Posted by David Gentes on March 13, 2018
To apply to this job, contact David Gentes.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center operated by MIT for the Department of Defense and other government agencies. The organization has received Superior Security Ratings for 10 consecutive years and is known as a leader in technology and security. Employees receive a generous benefits program including exceptional retirement and time off policies. Relocation assistance is provided.
The Special Programs Team Lead creates, maintains and leverages working relationships with internal and external customers, peers and senior Laboratory management. Assigns and oversees day-to-day work assignments and schedules. Develops, tracks and monitors security initiatives and process improvements. Develops plans and strategies as well as performance measures to meet Security Services Department and Laboratory goals. Responsible for maintaining a high level of operational security and a continuous inspection readiness posture for all programs and facilities under his/her cognizance. Must have demonstrated knowledge and experience with all security disciplines as they apply to the National Industrial Security Program.
In addition, must have a detailed understanding of the technical aspects of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) as well as applicable Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs), DoD Manuals, Guides and Instructions, and related government regulations. Provides security leadership, management and oversight within their own facilities and all remote operating facilities under their span of control, develops and implements security policy and direction consistent with the Laboratory, DOD, and other Government regulations. Coordinates with government agencies to obtain rulings, interpretations, and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations. Manages Operations Security (OPSEC) and Program Protection (P2) for the facilities and interacts with government agencies on all classified matters pertaining to their areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Security Management, Criminal Justice, or Business required, (Master’s degree preferred).
- 5+ years of related experience in industrial security to include compartmented and Special Access Programs required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ supervisory experience required.
- The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment investigation and must meet all eligibility requirements for access to classified information including compartmented programs.
- Expert knowledge of business software: Excel, Access, MS Word, PowerPoint, Project, are required
- A Current Special Program Security Certification from the Defense Security Service, or ability to obtain certification within 2 years.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No