Posted by Kris Hoegel on February 12, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
Currently, RG is looking to hire a Software Engineer to support our Air Force Civil Engineer customer. This role will be critical in supporting our customer’s overarching mission to implement and maintain software applications that meet a range of Civil Engineering User needs across the Air Force. We are searching nationwide for candidates who are open to assisted relocation to Montgomery, Alabama.
A Day In the Life:
To help make our customer successful, the chosen candidate can expect to be involved with or responsible for:
- Recommending best practices in software development life cycle and processes
- Providing support in the reviewing and updating of technical documentation for the Program Management Office
- Building dashboards in HP Quality Center to support major and minor test events to optimizing operational efficiency
- Updating and creating briefing charts of Air Force Field Assistance Service trouble tickets to support the weekly NexGenIT PMO briefing
- Providing technical guidance and assistance to the Program Management Office to improve teams efficiency in daily activities
- Reviewing and validation of technical deliverables for the Program Management Office
- Providing technical guidance and best practices to the Government Program Manager and Software Engineer
- Providing technical support to daily Program Management meetings and reviews
- Serving as Scrum Master for the NexGenIT PMO facilitating and participating in Scrum ceremonies for Agile development
How You Can Make A Difference:
This role plays an important and vital part in mission success. The ideal candidate will be in a position to impact synchronizing efforts across the system engineering, information assurance, functional testing, and configuration management work areas to effectively support the design, creation, and modification of software applications, utility programs, and databases developed by system integrators that provide IT solutions that satisfy the needs of the user community. They will support planning, design, development/customization, testing, and fielding of IT solutions using industry and specified engineering standards focused on maximizing efficiency across Air Force CE.
A Consultant is an exempt customer-facing business professional that provides a variety of information directly to customers for their ongoing programs, new initiatives, strategic planning, and measurement/evaluation in one or more of RG’s solutions. They possess excellent customer service skills, remain current on industry trends, value team work, and have a wide range of interpersonal skills.
To be successful in this role, all candidates must meet the below qualifications to be considered.
- BA/BS Degree
- Secret Clearance or higher
- Certified Scrum Master (or ability to obtain within 1 month of start date)
- 5+ years of experience with end-to-end Software Development
- Working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycles (Waterfall, RAD, Agile)
- Knowledge of Java, .NET, Oracle, MS SQL Server
Bring the WOW Factor:
In addition to our core requirements that are an absolute must for this role, we want to highlight some of the qualifications that we consider to “Bring the WOW Factor”. Below are some of those “WOW Factors” that we would love to have, but that are not considered hard requirements to do the job.
- MS Degree
- Experience as CSM and using Agile tools like Jira
- Experience with system architecture and solution design
- Working knowledge of Air Force SDLC
Physical Requirements & Disclaimer:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required, only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
RG is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Location: , Montgomery, AL , United States
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: Yes