SOF Intelligence Effects Planner – Camp Lejeune, NC – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on March 11, 2019
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
For over a decade, Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting Inc. (VATC) has combined its joint training experience, innovative engineering talent and intelligence expertise to pioneer the development of the most advanced Distributed Missions Operations (DMO) training environments available anywhere in the world. Combining the latest open geospatial data standards with an integrated suite of innovative DMO training solutions, VATC offers a legacy of proven performance, leading subject-matter expertise and the most innovative technological solutions to the modern military’s growing challenges. For more information, visit us at www.vatcinc.com, or on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Title: SOF Intelligence Effects Planner
Location: Camp Lejeune, NC
Serve as the Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command (MARSOC) Unit Readiness Exercise (URX) Intelligence Effects Planner. Perform duties as the senior consultant to the G7 intelligence officer on matters relating to interagency integration, intelligence planning, exercise scenario scripting and associated scenario support.
- Coordinate and manage the efforts of the G7 Intelligence Effects Cell. Members of the Intelligence Effects Cell include the Department of State (DOS) SMEs, Intelligence Community (IC) SMEs, Information Operations (IO) SME, Military Information Support Operations (MISO) SME, Civil Affairs (CA) SME, Public Affairs (PA) SME, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) SME and Host Nation Regional SME.
- Advocate/represent equities in the following areas: DOS, IC, IO, MISO, CA, PA, FBI and Host Nation Regional expertise.
- Coordinate SME participation in the exercise.
- Maintain current knowledge to pertinent issues (as they apply to the MARSOC mission or emerging missions) with regards to the fields/organizations shown above that should be reflected in the exercise.
- Ensure that relevant issues in the fields/organizations shown above are introduced into scenario development.
- Cultivate a sense of teamwork among the members of the Effects Cell prior to and during the execution of the exercise.
- Facilitate the support of SMEs in the areas shown above by educating them prior to the exercise on the overall scenario, by identifying specific focus areas within the fields of expertise, by establishing points of contact rosters for Intelligence Effects Cell members, and by identifying execution requirements (i.e. security clearance verification, driving requirements).
- If needed, coordinate classroom training in the functional areas shown above.
- Provide support as needed for the contracting of pertinent Intelligence Effects Cell personnel.
- Provide pertinent scripting input during planning and exercise execution.
- Identify logistical and communication requirements to enable Intelligence Effects Cell support.
- Participate in planning and scripting conferences.
- Identify Intelligence Effects training and education requirements.
- Coordinate attendance of pertinent Intelligence Effects Cell personnel, as required.
- Assist with exercise execution, decision making, and scenario control.
- Conduct research on current real-world operating environments and analysis of theater directives, lessons learned, and TTPs in order to design realistic exercise scenarios.
- Directly support MARSOC G-7 intelligence personnel with intelligence resources (multi-discipline intelligence products, National, Interagency, Operational and Tactical-Level products, support documentation, etc) and apply relevant information to the exercise.
- Develop and manage a library of scenarios that can be distributed and reused where appropriate.
Education and Work Experience:
- B.S/B.A. degree or equivalent related military experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Intelligence Officer, Intelligence Effects Planner, or Department of State Foreign Service Officer.
- Well versed in current SOF doctrine and SOF TTPs.
- Working knowledge of intelligence and operational software including Palantir, C2PC, PFPS, Falcon View, MIRC, and additional mission planning, collaborative, and computer-based simulation programs.
- Extensive experience with exercise planning and execution including the development of training scenarios and Master Scenario Events Lists (MSELs).
· Must be a U.S. Citizen
· Active TS/SCI
In addition to competitive pay, Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting, Inc. offers its employees a very competitive benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Office Phone: 813-489-5137
Transforming Mission Readiness
A member of the 2012:2013:2015 Inc. 500|5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No