SOF Exercise Designer – Camp Lejeune, NC – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on March 11, 2019
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
For over a decade, Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting Inc. (VATC) has combined its joint training experience, innovative engineering talent and intelligence expertise to pioneer the development of the most advanced Distributed Missions Operations (DMO) training environments available anywhere in the world. Combining the latest open geospatial data standards with an integrated suite of innovative DMO training solutions, VATC offers a legacy of proven performance, leading subject-matter expertise and the most innovative technological solutions to the modern military’s growing challenges. For more information, visit us at www.vatcinc.com, or on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Title: SOF Exercise Designer
Location: Camp Lejeune, NC
Provides subject matter expertise (SME) to the USSOCOM Special Operations Forces Liaison Element (SOFLE) program at U.S. Marine Corps Special Operations Command (MARSOC) to create an environment that exercises the SOFLE and facilitates Marine Air Ground Task Forces (MAGTF) and Special Operations Force (SOF) integration, interoperability and interdependence. Supports government exercise operational planners /action officers and, in their absence, executes all Joint Exercise Life Cycle events associated with USSOCOM Enterprise Wide Training and Exercises Program (UEWTEP).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop concepts of operations to enhance the realism of unit readiness exercises.
- Supports exercise design, developing SOF objectives, scenarios, scripting, MSELs, injects, intelligence, incorporating operational capabilities and realistic conditions.
- Ensure unit training objectives are integrated throughout the JELC and operations are synchronized and de-conflicted at all levels.
- Attend and participate in pre/post conference brief and message preparation as part of the approval process.
- Coordinate with DOD and Interagency entities, scripting of Master Scenario Events List (MSEL) products, and action officer representation for exercise execution.
Experience and Education
- 7 years’ experience in the design of exercises, scenarios, and the management of Joint Master Scenario Event List (JMSEL) events.
- 5 years’ experience conducting joint and coalition operations and/or training.
- Proven knowledge and experience with the Joint Exercise Life Cycle (JELC).
- Demonstrated ability to develop complex scenarios, studies and analysis related to MARSOC core competencies for all geographic areas.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally interface, produce documentation for, provide presentations and speak with authority to senior leadership in state and county governments, federal and state law enforcement agencies, and other federal government personnel and organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to perform analytical research to integrate current and projected efforts into a cohesive and comprehensive exercise scenario.
- Demonstrated ability to establish exercise objectives based upon doctrine, current and emergent threats, defense readiness reporting system reports, lessons learned and operational after-action reports.
- Experience and understanding of Marine Expeditionary Unit/Amphibious Readiness Group (MEU/ARG) operations, capabilities, and planning processes.
- Knowledge of scripting current real-world events in the MEU’s areas of operation into vignettes to exercise SOFLE integration into the MEU staff and participate in the planning process.
- Experience with facilitating vignettes discussions and understand the relationships between the MEU/ARG, TSOCs, and GCC.
· Must be a U.S. Citizen.
In addition to competitive pay, Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting, Inc. offers its employees a very competitive benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Office Phone: 813-489-5137
Transforming Mission Readiness
A member of the 2012:2013:2015 Inc. 500|5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No