Simulation Support Team Member (Hohenfels, Germany) – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on July 17, 2017
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
For over a decade, Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting Inc. (VATC) has combined its joint training experience, innovative engineering talent and intelligence expertise to pioneer the development of the most advanced Distributed Missions Operations (DMO) training environments available anywhere in the world. Combining the latest open geospatial data standards with an integrated suite of innovative DMO training solutions, VATC offers a legacy of proven performance, leading subject-matter expertise and the most innovative technological solutions to the modern military’s growing challenges. For more information, visit us at www.vatcinc.com, or on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Title: Simulation Support Team Member
Location: Hohenfels, Germany
The Joint Multinational Readiness Center (JMRC), located in Hohenfels, Germany, is one of three maneuver U.S. Army Combat Training Centers (CTC) that provide realistic training to Battalions, Brigades, and Mission Rehearsal Exercises (MRE) for deploying units and to NATO, NATO Partner, and other multinational partners at the direction of the CG, USAREUR. JMRC also supports the Leader Training Program (LTP), locally referred to as Joint Combined Academic Program (JCAP), which is a part of a Brigade rotation at JMRC. Gaming will also be used to support JMRC rotations.
VATC Operations currently has openings for two (2) Simulation Facilitators as Simulation Team Members at the Hohenfels, Germany JMRC beginning 1 November 2017.
The Simulation Team Member executes set-up, configuration, operation, and troubleshooting of U.S. military command and control related clients and software tools. Individual shall be the technical expert on the simulation-stimulation of the systems to include the employment of simulations and/or gaming systems that stimulate command and control systems. Support the design, planning, preparation, execution, and recovery of systems to support exercise control.
Provide instruction to personnel as designated by the exercise/event lead to meet individual and unit training objectives. Works in support of IT system configuration; troubleshoot issues and provide IT quality assurance. Executes Zone Facility Management supporting Room Builds and Equipment Accountability. Specific responsibilities include:
- Actively participate in all JELC events with representation in government-designated planning syndicates.
- Provide meaningful input and complete designated event deliverables
- Produce exercise design products
- Manage JELC Event Execution
- Support Walk Through Inspections
- Participate in Exercise Control Group (ECG).
- Provide input and products to support AAR development and provide presentation
- Archive historical data sets
- Provide scenario development and management services
- Provide operator training and over the shoulder training support for all constructive clients used by the 7th ATC.
- Maintain proficiency on all game-based software applications used at JMSC and JMRC
- Assist the government with distribution and collection of attendance rosters and training surveys
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: 11+ years of experience in simulation database development and testing; or, 7+ years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; or, 3+ years of experience with a Master’s Degree.
- Capable of completing the following basic security training:
- Cyber Awareness Challenge
- Cyber Security Fundamentals Certification
- Wide Network Security Focus (WNSF) Portable Electronic Devices
- WNSF Phishing Awareness Course
- WNSF Safe Home Computing
- WNSF PII Course
- WNSF Army G3 Computer Security Training
- United States Citizen
- Must have an active U.S. Secret Clearance
In addition to competitive pay, Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting, Inc. offers its employees a very competitive benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Office Phone: 813-489-5137
WOSB | ISO9001:2008
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No