SIGINT Analyst (Afghanistan) – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on March 8, 2018
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
- Training in SIGINT analysis with a minimum of 4 years SIGINT experience within DoD or equivalent Government agencies required, with operational level experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Army/Joint SIGINT procedures, data processing systems such as CIDNE, RT-RG, NSAnet and associated SIGINT databases/search engines.
- Proficiency in utilizing basic computer applications, mIRC, Jabber Chat, other intelligence related automation in support of analytical efforts and product development, and MS Office Product Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word).
- Strong research and writing skills and a capability to effectively operate as a member of an analytical team from a remote location in support of Afghanistan Theater of Operations requirements.
- Requires former MOS: 35S/P/N, 35B, 352N/P/Q/R/S, 18F, or equivalent (equivalency – mid-level military enlisted or company grade officer experience), or other Service or Agency equivalent occupational specialty.
- Completion of SIGINT Analytical Support to Military Operations (SASMO) training or equivalent formal analytic SIGINT DNR/DNI training (i.e. DEPL3000).
- Previous deployed experience supporting tactical mission users.
- Be capable of effectively operating as a member of an analytical team from a remote location in support of CJOA-A requirements.
- Current U.S. Passport holder (must have 2+ years from deployment date)
- Must meet government Theater deployment medical standard
Required Training: This position requires successful completion of the SIGINT Analytical Support to Military Operations (SASMO) training or or equivalent formal analytic SIGINT DNR/DNI training. SIGINT Analysts currently in theater performing SIGINT duties equivalent to what would be learned in SASMO training may be exempt from this requirement; waivers will be granted only by the appropriate in-theater authority after a review of the applicants credentials.
Duties & Responsibilities: Will function as a part of an Afghanistan-based intelligence analytical team of military and/or DoD civilian analysts in support of customer’s analytical requirements. This position is a Temporary Full-time role with an estimated deployment of 12 months in Afghanistan.
SIGINT analysts are responsible for researching, developing, presenting, and publishing SIGINT products at the tactical and operational level related to insurgent activities and threats to local/regional stability as part of an overall analytical team. SIGINT Analysts conduct analysis of raw and fused signals intelligence data of insurgent threat activities, and is responsible for SIGINT analysis related to insurgent threats, mission planning, target development, damage assessments, and counter-terrorism in the AOR and Afghanistan in general. Analysts are also responsible for attending meetings and conducting comprehensive research on complex topics independently, or as a part of a larger analytical effort, focusing on current events and long-term trends that could impact the supported unit’s mission.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No