To apply to this job, click here.
We are currently looking for a Shipping Support Clerk – Part Time to join our expanding team. As a fast-growing foodservice distributor, Food Services of America treats our customers as the boss and our Associates as our most important resource. Our growth provides Associates opportunities to drive their career. Apply Now and Join Our Team!
This position works nights – typical hours will be from 6:00PM – 4:30AM two days per week and could be as late as 6:00AM depending on business needs. In addition, this position could back-up other positions, as needed, and work up to five days per week with the same or similar hours.
Invoice all outgoing orders, work with warehouse associates to locate and substitute items when necessary, generate management-needed reporting of various operations statistics and assist in the general operation of the shipping office.
- Assist in the preparation/retrieval of all pick labels and loading documents.
- Process/maintain selection backing sheets to verify any “outs”, ensure the outs are valid. Substitute items when necessary. Communicate any Voice selection discrepancies in regard to outs or route completion to the shift supervisor to assist in the invoicing process.
- Ensure all routes are “complete” and invoiced accordingly. Assist in putting the invoicing paperwork together for the drivers. Include Point of Sales invoices and special instructions to the delivery drivers.
- Assist in processing any and all paperwork associated with receiving during the swing/night shift, and distribute paperwork to the appropriate departments and branches.
- Provide back-up and vacation relief for other positions as needed.
- Answer phones in Operations Office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MS Office experience preferred.
- Work independently producing positive results with minimal supervision.
- Problem resolution skills required.
- Must be able to prioritize work and meet deadlines in a fast paced warehouse environment.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Food Service Industry product knowledge preferred.
- Ability to pass a background investigation and drug test.
- Frequent sitting for prolonged periods of time.
Constant use of both arms/hands while reaching/handling/grasping while using phone, record data, computer entry, compiling information, etc.
Occasional stand/walk within office or warehouse areas, short distances.
Occasional bend/twist at waist/knees to and from seated position while performing routine office functions.
Occasionally climb stairs (some locations) to and from work areas.
Occasional lifting, 1 to 15 lbs., paperwork.
- Ability to lift 25 lb. boxes of paper.
Constant use of visual, speech and hearing abilities necessary to perform essential functions.
Able to handle a high volume/quantity workload at a fast pace to meet required deadlines.
Ability to handle last minute changes/corrections and customers over phone.
Organize/prioritize workload with accuracy and efficiently.
Must be detail-oriented, have mathematical abilities and be accurate in mathematical calculations.
Good interpersonal skills required. Contact with drivers/co-workers/supervisors and customers.
- Must possess both oral/written communication skills.
Within warehouse office setting.
Work stresses include heavy workload and dealing with deadlines under frequent interruption.
*Constantly over 80% time, Frequently 20-80% time, and Occasionally under 20% time.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.
- Location: , Spokane, Washington 99201, United States
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No