Sense & Warn RADAR Operator
Posted by Krista Sobczak on October 12, 2017
To apply to this job, click here.
Position Description: The Sense and Warn Radar Operator conducts all actions necessary to set-up, tear-down, initialize, maintain, and place into operations the Q-48, Q-49 Lightweight Counter Mortar Radar (LCMR), and Giraffe Agile Multi-Beam Radar systems into operations. The Radar Operator is positioned in the Tactical Operations Center and works in coordination with the C2 Operator to monitor the system display for clutter, jamming, air and Rocket, Artillery, and Mortar tracks, system faults, and processes all hostile indirect fire events and conducts the initial report processing. Additionally, the Radar Operator performs field level preventative maintenance of the Sense and Warn (S&W) Radar systems.
- Must have a current US Government SECRET Personnel Security Clearance. Must be eligible for and able to obtain and maintain required Security Clearance/access approvals
- Setup and/or tear down the LCMR and Giraffe Radar systems as required
- AMB Radar, Fire Finder Radar, Sentinel Radar, or other ground or air defense radar system. Experience in operating counter-fire target acquisition or air defense radars in Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom preferred
- Operate and monitor the LCMR and Giraffe Radar, to include system software, network connectivity and review and interpret display outputs on the system displays
- Must understand how Radar operations support Tactical Operation Cell operations, command and control system connectivity and integration into the force protection, defense, or security framework.
- Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under minimal supervision. Must demonstrate the ability to interact with all levels of an organization in a professional, diplomatic, and tactful manner. Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a cohesive team. Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and have strong attention to detail. Must possess excellent writing and verbal skills. Must be proficient with Microsoft Windows operating systems and office automation software (e.g., Microsoft Office, SharePoint).
- Qualifications Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and two to four years of experience or High School diploma or equivalent, and eight to ten years of related experience or technical training equivalent to an Associate’s degree.
- Position Type Full-Time
Place of Performance: OCONUS supporting Department of State (DoS) in potential high threat environment, the location of high-risk environments will be disclosed upon interview. Domestic travel may be required for training and program coordination. May be required to spend several months in the Washington D.C. metro area for training and S&W support duties prior to departure to assigned overseas work location. Must also be willing to serve in positions worldwide, which may include domestic assignments. Overseas locations may be located in high-risk environments.
Security Clearance: Must have a current US Government SECRET security clearance with immediate eligibility to be granted a Top Secret clearance and access to sensitive compartmentalized information.
• U.S. Citizen.
Medical Clearance : Must be able to obtain a DoS Class 1 medical clearance prior to employment.
Travel Work Environment: Full-time, 60-hour week usually under hazardous conditions when in theater of operation. Personnel meeting the provisions of Department of State Standardized Regulations, Chapter 650 – Danger Pay Allowance, and Chapter 350 – Hardship Pay, are eligible to receive danger and hardship pay up to the prevailing percentages over basic compensation. The location of high-risk environments will be disclosed upon interview.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No