Senior Supply Chain Operations Research Anaylyst – Tysons Corner – seeking retired O-5/O-6 NAVICP 041 – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on November 14, 2017
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
POC: Lauren Pinson (email@example.com, 703-917-7089). Looking to fill the job ASAP.
Our ideal candidate is a retired O-5/O-6 supply OR person who has wholesale inventory management/ICP experience (the old NAVICP 041 job comes to mind). Lauren Pinson (firstname.lastname@example.org, 703-917-7089). Looking to fill the job ASAP.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Senior Supply Chain Operations Research Analyst
Position is on the staff of a management consulting firm located in Tysons, VA firm specializing in government operations. The Senior Supply Chain Analyst will provide consulting, management and analytical support specifically related to logistics and supply chain management. The work will be performed at LMI headquarters in McLean, VA and at the Department of Defense (DoD) client site located at the Mark Center in Alexandria, VA with occasional travel to other DoD sites.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Serve as a subject matter expert on DoD logistics strategy and supply chain materiel management policy and guidance related to all classes of supply, with particular focus on wholesale and retail level inventory management processes, policies, performance measurement and analysis. The Senior Supply Chain Operations Research Analyst will rely on his or her extensive experience in DoD wholesale and retail inventory management to analyze and assess existing materiel management policies, processes, procedures and performance measures to make recommendations for improvements and efficiency opportunities in support of DoD’s mission.
· Provide operations research and supply chain policy expertise to quantify trends, anomalies or performance gaps in DoD and other government agency supply chains. The Senior Supply Chain Operations Research Analyst will drill down into the performance data, conduct root cause analysis and provide comprehensive reports of findings and recommendations to the government clients.
· Analyze and assess the effects and impacts of existing and proposed legislation on DoD policy as it relates to materiel management and supply chain risk management.
· Provide program management support and serve as the subject matter expert for DoD policies and procedures related to Defense Logistics Management Standards (DLMS) and processes, wholesale and retail inventory management and level setting, government furnished materiel, depot maintenance inter-service support, and the national defense stockpile.
· Support and lead projects analyzing and making improvement recommendations on existing system-support supply chains at both the wholesale and retail levels in government organizations such as the DoD.
· Provide program management and serve as the subject matter expert for DoD supply chain risk management policies. Work collaboratively with the Services, DoD agencies, and industry in developing an overarching supply chain risk management strategy for DoD.
· Provide program management support, perform data analysis, develop briefings and papers for all levels of DoD leadership, and conduct research in support of DoD logistics strategy and supply chain initiatives.
· Communicate with clients through written reports and oral presentations.
· Research subject matter and prepare point papers/speeches/remarks for use by senior DoD officials to internal and external organizations. Produce charts and other presentation materials. Prepare and finalize correspondence including letters, memoranda, briefings, speeches, presentations, meeting minutes, and reports.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No