Senior Oracle DBA
Posted by Stephanie Hodari on April 19, 2017
To apply to this job, click here.
SAIC has an opening for a Sr Oracle Database Administrator located in Kansas City, MO.
This Sr Oracle DBA will be responsible for installing, upgrading, and supporting Oracle Applications software and the associated Oracle technology stack in a multi-tier environment. This includes: database server, applications server, web server, concurrent processing, reports, forms, and admin server.
- Database Administration Expertise in 11g and 12Cc is required
- Oracle Software Installs, Upgrades in version 10g, 11g, & 12c
- Backup and Recovery using RMAN
- Performance tuning of the Database both at the application level (SQL) as well as instance. Familiarity with tools like Oracle Enterprise Manager/Grid Control and AWR highly desired. Hands on experience on RedHat Linux (RHEL), and Shell Scripting preferred
- Oracle RAC experience with strong knowledge of Oracle ASM Maintenance Planning Notification Monitoring
- Problem Management Support
- Monitoring Requirements
- Incident Support (Sev1)
- Release Resource Management
- Deployment Planning
- Technical Baseline Owner – upgrades, patching, Security Baseline Management,
- STIG Compliance
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Must have an active Secret clearance
Leadership Required Skills:
- 5-10 years Oracle DBA experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and experience of Linux, PL/SQL
- Familiarity with tools like Oracle Enterprise Manager/Grid Control, AWR highly desired.
- Experience with Oracle Database 11g / 12c product versions in a RedHat (RHEL) Linux environment is a must.
- This position requires hands-on experience with Oracle Database including patching, upgrades, migrations and management console.
- The candidate must have Oracle Database Administration experience with configuration, load balancing, backup/recovery, sizing and space management, RAC, PL/SQL tuning, diagnostics, and be proficient with the use of Oracle’s Enterprise Manager tool. Must also have experience opening, managing, and resolving Oracle SR’s experience.
- Production database support of a 24×7 environment and on-call support is required.
- Knowledge of the underlying Oracle Applications database architecture – schemas/products, database objects, file system structure, tables, views, packages, procedures, functions, triggers, sequences, indexes, and constraints is a plus.
- Must have a Security+ certification
- Oracle DBA Certification in 12c is a plus
- MSSQL DB Experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
- Location: Kansas City, MO, Kansas City, MO 64131, US
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No